Friday, December 27, 2013

CD6 - Post-Christmas

Well, Christmas is done – my proposal on Christmas Eve went just as I’d hoped. Kaitlin opened the gift, had a great time trying to figure out the puzzle box (it only took her a few minutes) and was truly surprised and excited to see the ring. YAY!! She keeps staring at it and squeeing over how sparkly it is. ^~ Then we had a houseful of people on Christmas Day – my parents and brothers, my brothers’ girlfriends—one of whom brought her son—and Kaitlin’s dad. The food turned out all right, and we had a good time opening stockings and gifts. Kaitlin got me a gorgeous leather messenger bag for work. I haven’t transferred my purse stuff over to it yet, since I had to go right back to work the day after Christmas, but I’m going to do it this weekend. I love how professional and nice it looks, and it's the perfect size for my ipad or even a laptop.
Kaitlin’s coming down with a cold, though, so she’s coughing and miserable the last couple days. :( So next up: going to a friend’s birthday party this weekend, then our second anniversary is on Monday—but we’re going to wait until New Year’s Day to celebrate since we both have the day off. There’s a party at a friends’ house on New Year’s Eve. And next Friday is our first RE appointment!!! I’m really, really excited. I keep trying to make lists of all the questions I want to ask. I read on a forum somewhere that an R.E. usually makes you sit out the first cycle so they can do tests. I really hope she doesn’t do that, because today is CD6, and I’m likely to ovulate just before the initial appointment. Waiting another entire cycle before we can make an attempt would be SO hard. I do want to ask her what her IUI process is like. Does it include medications? Does it include ultrasounds? Do I call in when I get my first OPK smiley in order to schedule the IUI? I want to show her my charts and ask if she thinks I am ovulating the same day as a smiley, or if she thinks the charts are wrong. I would really like to do ultrasounds in order to be able to tell if that’s the case. Will she do tests on the swimmer sample before the procedure, to verify quality? Should I have the swimmers delivered to my house as usual, or to her office? What kind of tests does she recommend beforehand? While my head is busy swarming with all of that stuff, I am trying to focus on just making it through one day at a time. Today I have some errands to run on my lunch break, including picking up a fresh kit of OPK sticks since the ones I have are all expired. Since Kaitlin’s not feeling very well, I’m planning on spending the weekend resting as much as possible (and doing some post-Christmas cleaning.) You know, I’m really feeling good about the possibilities of next year. I kind of can’t wait for 2014 to get here... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment