Thursday, October 8, 2015

13WK6D - Long Week

This week has been so crazy at work I haven't had the chance to blog. Performance reviews are due this month, which of course just happen to coincide with a massive transition from paper filing to a digital filing system, as well as contract renewals, some fiscal/budget questions that only I can answer, and so on and so forth. Now I remember why I always hate the month of October. Seriously.  SIGH.

Thankfully, morning sickness seems to be ebbing at last. Maybe. I am taking the Diclegis every night, and I still have some evenings when I'm feeling pretty darn sick by bedtime, and I did have one day this week when I felt sick even when I woke up. But, for the last couple days anyway, I've had pretty okay evenings. Exhausted when I get home from work, but tired is better than tired AND nauseous. I am going to bed a little earlier than usual, and sleeping a little later than usual, but doing pretty okay overall.

Haven't gotten word yet from my OBGYN office about our Harmony test results. I'm giving them until noon today, then calling again, because it's been two weeks. We have a private ultrasound scheduled for Saturday at the 3D ultrasound spa place, for gender determination. We were expecting to have the Harmony test results first, and then get the ultrasound mostly for fun, but now it's looking like we may end up getting our first gender info from the ultrasound instead. :P

Everything I read on the internet insists that I shouldn't be able to feel baby moving yet, especially since I haven't been pregnant before. But I don't know... I feel fluttering in there at least once or twice a day, and it doesn't feel like any other sensations I've had before, so I wonder??? I'm now wearing maternity pants every day to work. I don't think anyone's noticed anything in particular yet, though. I really just look like I gained a pound or two in my tummy area, and it's around the low belly where I have a bit of a pooch anyway, so I don't think it's setting off any red flags in my staff's minds just yet. I can definitely tell the difference, though. We'll be taking another bump photo tomorrow so I guess that will be a good test to see if it looks as different as it feels, LOL.

Otherwise, things are just sort of plugging along. The house is still a mess because I haven't had the energy to do many chores, and because my weekends for the next month are pretty much completely devoted to the SCA sewing project. I'm also starting to get pretty antsy to start work on the nursery, but it will be a few weeks yet, probably, before we really get to dive into it because I have to get through project commitments first.

In the meantime, really wish I could take a nap today - two of my staff called in sick and the rest of us are really scrambling to cover things for them. *sigh* Gonna be another long day, I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment