Friday, October 16, 2015

FIFTEEN WEEKS



Fifteen weeks and counting! We now have an ORANGEBABY. >D Kind of hard to believe, because while I have a bump my brain is telling me it couldn't possibly be *that* big just yet. 

I forgot to take my Diclegis for the first time last night, so I guess today is the test to see if morning sickness is gone. I feel a little bit sick to my stomach this morning, but nothing like the serious nausea of the first trimester, so I'm hoping it won't be showing up today. 

So over the course of the last week I've experienced a four-day-long headache (fun!), a reduced appetite (the only things that sounded good were iced tea and chips and salsa), a lot of random belly twinging and stretching, an uncomfortable amount of gas, and an increasing need to pee frequently. My energy level is much improved, though I still wear out early and sometimes have a little tummy upset in the evenings. And my sense of smell is still on overdrive, so I'm sure Kaitlin's tired of me cranking at her about the smell of the trash, the cat boxes, the dishes in the sink, and so on. I now realize what a blessing it is to have a normally-insensitive nose. This being able to smell everything is not as fun as it sounds. :P

Last night we went to see "Pan" at the Movie Tavern. Very pretty, imaginative movie, and I enjoyed it a lot, though I don't know that any Peter Pan movie is ever going to be able to match the magic that was Robin Williams in "Hook." :P

At work, I've almost completed one performance review, have three more to go. I also had to meet with my boss' boss this morning to give him feedback on my boss for her review. My boss will be meeting with all of my staff to do the same. I really feel like this year has been my best so far, so I'm hoping my staff & boss feel the same. Especially since asking everybody to accommodate me for three months of maternity leave next year is a big deal...  

I also have one staff member out sick all week, so I'm covering her phone calls, and this was the first week of implementation of the new digital file system, and half my staff have been in training or out on vacation at least two days this week, and in general it's just been a long, busy, tiring week. 

Today I really need to find a moment to make contact with a new OBGYN. Next week I have to enroll in a new insurance plan at work (since I'll be adding a spouse and a child next year, I have to switch to the plan that's free, because I can't afford the full-family premium on my current plan.) Unfortunately my current OB isn't in the network for the new plan. I'm supposed to have a 16 week appointment next week, but I kind of would prefer to get started with the new doc ASAP so that the first time I meet him/her isn't when I've already gone into labor. :P

Overall - and I feel like I've been saying this a lot lately - I mostly just want a nap. Looking forward to tomorrow when I can sleep in some <3

Here's the BabyCenter pic for 15 weeks!




No comments:

Post a Comment