Wow do I have a lot of catching up to do... It's been ages since I last blogged. Things at work have gotten a little nuts. Had to let someone go, and another staff person just went out on military leave so I'm training her replacement, and we just got a new customer service assistant so I'm training her too, with almost no time to do anything for myself anymore. Between working until 7-8 every night, my hour long commute, being seven months pregnant, and Kaitlin being super sick this past week (trying desperately not to catch what she's got) I'm pretty much all used up most of the time.
That being said, I managed to do my taxes and pay my bills last week. And we've been able to make steady, if slow, progress on the nursery. Also, we've made it into the third trimester! HOME STRETCH, GUYS!! I can't believe it's coming up so fast.
But first things first. Belly picture updates! We have one for 28 weeks:
And one from this weekend at 30 weeks. CUCUMBERBABY <3
Up next, we have pics from the 3D ultrasound that we had done yesterday. Baby spent a lot of time smashing face into the placenta and/or a hand, but the tech did a great job of catching these shots anyway. Just look at this little face!
We had these done at Belly Up Spa in south Denver, the same place we went back in September-ish to do the gender scan at 14 week. The place is super cute and the ladies there are all so nice! I splurged on a little "heartbeat animal" - they recorded baby's heartbeat into a little glowy heartshaped thing and then stuffed it inside a plush giraffe. <3 It makes for good cuddling!
I haven't been able to stop staring at these pics. I've been feeling baby kicking and grooving around for months now, but somehow, getting to see baby's face makes it so much more REAL. In ten weeks, this little person is going to leave my body and join our family. Just... Amazing.
In terms of pregnancy symptoms, being tired still tops the list. I also threw up yesterday morning - for only the second time in this entire pregnancy, so I don't really get to complain - though the nausea is mostly kept in check so long as I take my Diclegis. I am having an increasingly hard time fitting baby, food, oxygen, pee and gas in my body at the same time. So right after I eat I usually have a hard time breathing for a while. Congestion is chronic, but held at bay mostly by Afrin. Taking a ton of Vitamin C to try and keep from getting Kaitlin's bug :/ oh, and occasionally I pee a little, by accident, when I sneeze. Or cough, or laugh. Don't much care for that at all! Only other symptom is that the soles of my feet get tired and swollen a lot faster than they used to, so I basically want to wear sneakers all the time.
In the meantime, we're working hard on the nursery - which will really need its own separate post. So leaving things here for tonight, hopefully this week I'll get the chance to update again with some of the nursery in-progress pics and other goodies <3. In the meantime, headed to bed...going to be another long, long workday tomorrow...








No comments:
Post a Comment