Life has been a whirlwind the past week or two, and I haven't had much time to update.
I've been on the Follistim a little longer, I think, than last time, and the doses have been a lot higher - we never got below 125IU/night, which meant that I had to purchase TWO 900IU vials this time around. This cycle is a lot more expensive than the ones before, with double the meds and ordering more swimmers. SIGH.
But, I had an ultrasound yesterday morning (Sunday) and have three decent-sized follies; one of them is somewhere around 20mm all by itself. So they had us do the trigger shot last night, and the IUI procedure (with our new swimmers) will be tomorrow morning. Hoping against hope that this is the one, especially since it was so darned expensive.
If not, we have one more round of injectables before we start packing our bags and pinching our pennies for a trip to Greece...
In the meantime, I am looking forward to a week or two without doctor appointments and injections. Funny how the TWW starts to feel like a vacation from TTC. :P
We celebrated Kaitlin's unbirthday last Friday - I took her to an exotic car test-driving place and she got to drive a $300,000 fancy sports car. She enjoyed herself thoroughly. :) That was followed by alcohol-infused cupcakes, a movie, dinner at Joe's Crab Shack and a comedy show at the Improv. All in all, a very fun day. Saturday I had a writer's event with a local LGBT fiction group, held at a local lesbian-owned coffeehouse. We had a relatively small turnout, but a lot of good conversation. And I spent yesterday vegging out at home (after the ultrasound and a couple of hours of overdue yard maintenance.)
The work week has started again and I don't feel ready. I have several big pieces on my plate today, including coordinating a temp to work in our file room, and a ton of afternoon meetings. I don't feel like touching any of them, but I need to get started or I won't have enough time to get through everything. Off I go, then...
No comments:
Post a Comment