Tuesday, June 10, 2014

CD3 – Another Roadblock

So AF showed up on Sunday, and I went into the doctor’s office for my ultrasound and bloodwork today to gear up for an injectable cycle.

Only we never got around to the bloodwork, because the ultrasound showed that once again I have three leftover corpus luteum follicle things stuck in my left ovary. Which means… you guessed it… more birth control. I’m about ready to cry, I’m so frustrated. I have another ultrasound appointment for the 23rd to see if the invaders are gone after a couple weeks of birth control, but I don’t have much hope that they will be; last time it took four weeks of birth control and a trigger shot to get rid of them. Which means we don’t get another TTC attempt until July.

So yeah, that gives me an extra month to save up for the Follistim medication. But I don’t get a BFP or even a TTC attempt for my birthday. I’m turning 35 this week, and I never imagined that I’d hit that milestone without being a mom yet. So I’m feeling a bit sorry for myself today, and really discouraged. In the last six months we have been able to TTC just three times, and our chances don’t look good anyway. I am sorely tempted to just say forget the whole thing, let’s go to Greece NOW and do the donor egg.


Just… very sad. I will go to the drugstore tonight and pick up the birth control – at least it’s free – and I guess I’ll just keep moving forward since there’s really no other option right now. But I may take myself out for a consolation lunch today, since I won’t be buying the injectables this month...

No comments:

Post a Comment