Monday, June 30, 2014

CD23 - Still waiting

I haven't updated in a while because I've just been biding my time this month, taking birth control. Went in for an ultrasound on Tuesday last week, but the leftover follicle still wasn't gone. The doctor had me take a trigger shot, and I'm taking more birth control this week. I should run out around Thursday or so, which means AF should show up again a couple days later, and I have another ultrasound appointment on July 7th. If we're lucky, the follicle thing will be gone (finally) and we can start an injectable cycle.

In the meantime, Kaitlin and I went to Denver Pride and spent the weekend at my publisher's book booth - I sold out of my stash of both of my books, met some really sweet readers, and got inspired all over again to get back into the swing of writing. Kaitlin went off to a fencing event this past weekend, so I spent the weekend cleaning the house and got about half of the first chapter of the next Ithyria book written. I forgot how much time writing takes... If I could write one chapter per week - which is about 10 hours of work or so - I'd have the book finished in about 6 months. Though I don't know that I could keep that pace up... whew. Still, I'd like to be able to get the next installment finished without making readers wait another 8 years for the next book. :P

Anyway - financially we're going to be OK for this injectable round. If it's another BFN, though, we're going to start building credit card debt pretty fast in August - I have to order two more vials of swimmers, which is going to be about $1000.00, and then with the $800/month price tag of the injectable meds, plus the trigger shot and IUI costs, it's going to be expensive. SIGH.

Maybe we'll finally get lucky this round and all of that won't be necessary? Kaitlin is pretty fired up about planning a wedding for next year, but I want to wait until after the baby is born and I've had at least six months to drop the baby weight - I really don't want to be chubby in my wedding photos. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment