Thursday, June 5, 2014

IUI#3 CD27 16DPI - Pretty sure it's BFN#3

Haven’t had much to report in the last week. Pretty much zero symptoms, and negative pregnancy tests every day. I had blood drawn this morning, as today’s the “official” test date, so I’m expecting a call this afternoon confirming I’m not pregnant so that I can stop taking the progesterone. At this point I’m ready to call it quits with this cycle and move on to the next… I was pretty much certain, after meeting with the doctor last week, that this round wasn’t going to work either.

Luckily, the blood draw this morning was the easiest one yet… I literally didn’t feel the needle go in or come out at all! Much nicer than I was anticipating. I faxed in our “FirstSteps” enrollment form earlier this week to see if we can get some kind of discount on the injectable meds for this month. Hoping that whatever dose of Follistim we need is in the range of $750 or less. I don’t know how much faith I have that the injectables are going to work either, sigh…  The RE didn’t seem super optimistic about our chances, and injectable cycles are pretty much the last resort before donor egg IVF becomes necessary. I’m also concerned that if my egg quality is equivalent to someone in their early forties, it might also mean an equivalent risk of genetic problems for any embryo that might actually be created from my eggs.

Sigh.

On the plus side, I am feeling pretty good about my situation at work right now, and I’m looking forward to the Bold Strokes Books author table at Pride in the next couple weeks. I’ve actually spent way more on supplies for the event than I stand to make, even if I sell every one of my stash of books… but honestly, I write stories because I want to share them with other people, not to pay the bills. Writing is a passion and a hobby, and I don’t ever want it to feel like a job.


So anyway, just waiting for the doctor’s call so we can move on to the next battle in this TTC war. :P Fighting!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment