So ordering meds turned out to be way, way more complicated than I'd expected. Apparently American pharmacies will not fill overseas prescriptions, and my RE's office said they could not reissue the prescription since I am "no longer their patient." Ugh. Add to that the fact that I don't know enough about these meds to confidently be sure that I'm ordering the right thing from an online pharmacy, and that most of the online pharmacies (from Israel and other overseas places) say it will take them 2 - 4 weeks to send me the drugs, and I had a hell of a time on Friday figuring out how we were going to make this happen.
I finally found one site, IVFMeds.com, that has an "express shipping" option. Not a lot of info about how it works, other than that it supposedly ships in 3-5 business days rather than 10 - 14. Had to pay an extra $99 for that - I'm hoping it means it will ARRIVE within 3 - 5 business days and not that it will be another two weeks after shipping before I get it... but there wasn't enough info on their site and the company was closed for the weekend by the time I found them. So I just placed the order. I went with Lupron (which the Greek clinic says is an acceptable substitute for decapeptyl) and Estrace (which is the British version of progynova) and I had my Greek clinic send me an updated prescription for both, which I uploaded to the pharmacy. I did find out that apparently the Greek clinic is open on weekends, because they sent me an email both Saturday and Sunday. Haven't heard from the pharmacy site yet but I'm hoping maybe today?
I don't know if the meds are going to get here in time for Thursday, though, which is when the Greek clinic wanted me to start on them. I guess we have to wait and see. Once we know when I actually start my meds, and my period, then I think we'll find out when the transfer date is, and I can order plane tickets and the travel package and things will really be rolling.
I am so nervous that this isn't going to work - after spending all this time, money and effort - and I think I will just cry if we get home from Greece and my period shows up.
But I am really, really looking forward to taking a vacation - I haven't had one in two years so it's well overdue and will be so nice to get away from work for a while.
In the meantime, I spent all weekend sewing feverishly for the upcoming SCA event. I'm making a robe for my apprentice sister, since she's being honored at the event, and I got it cut out and assembled except for the bands of trim. She's mailing me some red silk thread to use to put a little embroidery on the trim, so I'm waiting to get that and do the designs before trimming it. Her robe was pretty simple and I finished it pretty quickly, so I spent the rest of the weekend working on a new Tudor gown for me - I've been meaning to make a "tourney" tudor, one with faked underlayers, lighter weight, out of cheap substitute fabrics that I can wear to look fancy and pretty but also take to camping events if I so desire. I really like the way it's turning out so far. The only thing that's left is to assemble and attach the remaining half of the skirt, hem it, do a couple tweaks to the forepart and add some undersleeve snaps, and I'll have it ready for the event. I should be able to finish that and Liepa's robe next weekend... and the following weekend is the event.
I am going home after work every day and working on the edits for my book. Only up to chapter three (GAH) but I spent a lot of time making the first "hot and heavy" scene a lot stronger and more emotionally charged... Once sewing and this event are done, all my other weekends will be dedicated to edits between now and December 1... Hopefully just in time to take the Greek trip.
In the meantime, one of my staff is out all week this week so I am up to my eyeballs trying to cover her phone calls and finish two months of case reviews in one week, and then next month do all of my staff's annual performance reviews before it's time to leave for Greece.
So my life is pretty much crazy hectic for the next few weeks. Which is probably good, because it keeps me from sitting around stressing while I wait to find out if this donor egg thing is going to work...
No comments:
Post a Comment