Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Unexpected wrench in the plans

SIGH. Nothing seems to go the way we plan, does it?

So while I am waiting for my medications to arrive - having paid $99 for fast shipping in the hopes that they would get here tomorrow - lo and behold, AF shows up yesterday afternoon. *facepalm*

Seriously, this is the shortest cycle I have ever recorded - only 16 days from AF to AF. I am hoping against hope that it is because this is the first cycle I have had all year that wasn't on some sort of a medication - no birth control, no clomid, no Follistim - and maybe my body is sort of hitting its own reset button.

But my period has started, and the meds aren't here. I don't know when they're going to arrive - I got an email saying they successfully charged my credit card, but the charge isn't showing up on my card yet and the status of the order still says "received", not "shipped." I was supposed to have the meds by tomorrow, so now I just don't know. I'm supposed to do an ultrasound between days 2 and 4 of my period, so if the meds don't show today or tomorrow I can't even get an ultrasound appointment set up in time.

If they don't get here soon, I think this cycle is a bust. We'll have to sit it out, and plan our trip to Greece for end of December-ish. Not sure if that means the plane tickets will be less expensive, but thank God I hadn't bought them yet. Anyway, it will be so disappointing if we have to wait, but at the same time, I don't want to get in a hurry and end up wasting the money we're throwing at this. I want to give this the best possible chance of being successful.

So now we wait - and watch the mailbox.

In other news, Kaitlin just got a seasonal job yesterday, working for The Sharper Image at a ritzy high-end mall. It's not her dream career, but it will pay about as much as she's receiving right now from unemployment. So it's something, anyway... and buys time to keep searching for a job she really wants.

I was supposed to work on book edits the last few evenings after work, but I've just been so tired and uninspired. I need to make sure I get some work in on it tonight, though... the deadline's coming up so quickly. As for Halloween, I haven't really bothered with decorations at home or at work this year. I think we're just going to sit at home, dress my puppy up in one of her costumes, hand out candy and watch Ghostbusters. The house is such a mess, but I haven't had the time or energy to clean and probably won't for several more weeks.

At least things at work are relatively quiet for the time being. I've been able to keep up with most of what I need to, and my bosses aren't breathing down my neck right now since they have other bigger issues in other areas that are keeping them occupied. That gives me a little breathing room to just focus on getting my work done and gaining some ground with my staff before their sights get set on me again.

Oh, and I got a new fish for my office tank. He's a blue betta with some red roots to his fins - really pretty, and so very soothing to watch him fluttering around the tank. I have named him Takumi. He is the most uplifting thing I have going on in my life at the moment. Sad, I guess, but I'll take 'em where I can get 'em, yeah?

No comments:

Post a Comment