Monday, July 28, 2014

IUI#4 CD23 10DPI – BFN

I took a few pregnancy tests throughout the day yesterday, even though it was only 9DPI, just for fun. Last night we even had what might have been called a squinter – both Kaitlin and I could see it – so I was really excited to get up and take another test this morning.

But, not only were the tests negative this morning, it appears AF has started too. So another BFN, at only 10DPI. AF arrived earlier than usual because I wasn’t on progesterone this cycle. And while the BFN wasn’t a huge surprise, having AF show up this early kind of was… it means my cycle was only 22 days long.

Though a part of me is hoping it might be implantation spotting, this feels like AF to me, complete with preliminary ittybitty cramps. I broke out with acne last week, too, and was hoping it might be a pregnancy symptom, but no – just plain old PMS. SIGH.

I will have to call the doctor this morning, I’m sure they’ll want me to come in for a blood test. Then I have to order more swimmers and more Follistim, and we start this whole song and dance again.

On the other hand, because we have to order more swimmers, I'm going to try and talk Kaitlin into changing donors. We’ll order two vials, and do two more injectable cycles. If neither works, then it’s on to Greece to try donor egg IVF, I guess.


Feeling sad today.

[EDIT] So wait, hold the phone...
This morning when I wiped, I had what looked like a perfectly normal beginning period. Bright red, enough of a flow to indicate it was going to be more than spotting.

But I just went to the bathroom again (it's been about an hour and a half) and now the flow seems lighter in volume, darker in color. Also, it hasn't actually gotten onto the pad yet, and usually I'd expect it to be heavier by now rather than lighter. I am having very light cramping. Could it be implantation? I mean, I'm guessing that it's probably still AF, but I wonder... Either way I'll still need to call the doctor and get the blood test set up, because if it's AF we have to gear up for our next round of injections. I think I'll wait until noon to call, so that I can see what happens with this weird bleeding. Hoping against hope that maybe it actually goes AWAY in the next hour... which would feel a lot more promising :P

[EDIT] Nope. Definitely AF :(

No comments:

Post a Comment