We get to do it again tonight. Joy. :P This baby had just better appreciate how badly he/she is wanted, because I am enduring one of my biggest phobias to make him/her happen!
Today I've been on the phone with the mail-order pharmacy, arranging to get the remainder of my meds. They're sending me one 900IU cartridge - I think that might not be enough, but I guess we'll see. And they really wanted someone to sign for the package tomorrow, but neither Kaitlin or I will be home during the day. They tried to tell me that the mail carrier could leave me a sticker and I could go pick it up, but I know the UPS/Fedex offices are closed after 6 PM, and I don't get home until then. Then they tried to get me to ship it to my work, but we have a mail room here that slows down mail processing by a couple of days... and I don't know if it's the same at Kaitlin's but I wouldn't be surprised, since she works for Microsoft.
Anyway, I then had to sign a waiver of signature delivery, which means if the package arrives broken or whatever I can't hold the pharmacy responsible because they won't have any way of knowing whether that happened before or after delivery. The waiver also specifies that the delivery driver may still opt not to leave the package, and if they don't, the pharmacy isn't responsible. And of course, if the meds overheat before I get home, they're not responsible for that either. Which gives me worry on a whole other level. But I can't just take a day off of work to sit around waiting for meds to arrive, and I have to have the meds delivered tomorrow or I won't have my medication dose that night... so there's really no other choice.
Fortunately my house is north-facing and if they leave the meds on my porch they should be out of the direct sun. So long as the driver is willing to leave them, and no one steals them, and there's enough ice packs in there to keep it cold until I can get home, it will be okay. I have no choice but to pray that's the case... not just so that I don't waste $740 worth of medication, but also so that we don't end up missing out on an attempt this cycle.
$740 is better than what I was estimating, though, so I'm not going to complain. If I respond well to the 150IU doses, maybe the doc will even let me dial it back to a smaller dose or do fewer days of injections, which will save some money too. And maybe-just-maybe we'll get super lucky, and this round will give us three or four nice big follicles, and I'll have a nice cushy uterine lining for them to land in, and one of them - a nice big healthy one - will fertilize and implant all pretty and neat, and we will get to meet our new baby in April next year. Hope hope hope???
No comments:
Post a Comment