The doctor called late yesterday afternoon, but they hadn't gotten my progesterone blood results so they said I couldn't start injections yet. Instead, Kaitlin and I went to a movie preview (well, we thought it would be the entire movie, but it was a bit of a tricksy marketing scheme to get people to go to their 20-minute preview, grr) and then went to dinner and wandered around a mall. Ended up driving home in a heavy thunderstorm - pretty, but not so much fun when you're driving a tiny car on a very waterlogged road!
But then, I got a call from the doctor this morning with the green light to start our injections tonight. They’re starting me off at a dose of 150IU – from what I’ve read on the internet that appears to be twice the “typical” dose of 75IU, but the nurse had told me yesterday that sometimes they even prescribe doses over 300IU so I guess I won’t complain. My biggest beef is that the meds are so darned expensive that 10 days of 150IU each will probably end up costing somewhere close to $1400 for the month – not including the trigger shot and IUI itself. GAH.
But then, I got a call from the doctor this morning with the green light to start our injections tonight. They’re starting me off at a dose of 150IU – from what I’ve read on the internet that appears to be twice the “typical” dose of 75IU, but the nurse had told me yesterday that sometimes they even prescribe doses over 300IU so I guess I won’t complain. My biggest beef is that the meds are so darned expensive that 10 days of 150IU each will probably end up costing somewhere close to $1400 for the month – not including the trigger shot and IUI itself. GAH.
Please, universe, let this round be the one, yeah? Pretty
pretty please? Then at least we don’t have to buy more swimmers – and I’d have
an April due date, which would be lovely.
Also, I just hate injections so, so much. I got all tearful
with irrational fear the last time Kaitlin had to give me a trigger shot – and it
was the fourth one we’ve done so it’s not like I hadn’t had them before. Now I
have to have shots every day. I don’t know why, but I’m more afraid, I think, of
the *idea* of a needle stabbing my skin than I am of the actual experience
itself. I haven’t had the Follistim shots before so I am praying that they are
no more painful than the Ovidrel ones.
Anyway, it’s 150IU for the next three nights (hopefully my
mail-order dose comes in tonight. If not I’m calling the doc tomorrow to be
sure we have enough for Thursday…) and then I have another ultrasound on Friday
morning at 9:30. Not very happy about how late the appointment is, but it was
the earliest they could get me in… means I won’t get to work until 11, so I’m
going to have to work several long days this week in order to make up the time.
Ugh. And the long days completely sap my creative energy, so while I
desperately want to write, I feel like I’m slogging through the writing and am
having a hard time staying motivated. Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment