I've been taking Follistim shots every night for the last... oh... eight nights. After the first three 150IU doses, I had some bloodwork and an ultrasound and they lowered my dose to 75IU. More bloodwork and an ultrasound on Sunday, which showed two follies - one at 15 mm and one at 13 mm. Another round of bloodwork and ultrasound yesterday morning (Tuesday), which showed three follies - 21mm, 17mm and 16mm. The bloodwork shows my estrogen levels are continuously rising, though I'm not sure what that means; I get the impression that it's what the doc uses to determine my dosages. Anyway, the nurse called me yesterday afternoon and lowered my dose to 50IU for last night. Tonight we do the Ovidrel trigger, and IUI number four is scheduled for Friday morning.
I am so tired of getting poked with needles!! Seriously. Kaitlin's mom was visiting us over the weekend and we had to do a couple of the injections while she was there, which was a bit off-putting for me since I usually freak out before the needle goes in, and I felt really self-conscious about freaking out so ridiculously in front of someone else. :P But we made it through this round, and now I only have one more injection to deal with until we're back in the TWW again.
I don't think I've ever had a follie get larger than 20mm, so I'm excited about that. I don't know if the other two will ovulate also, but three big ones doesn't seem bad - and, my lining is thicker and nicer than I've ever seen it before, since the Clomid wasn't involved this time, so hoping against hope that this will be our cycle. We're on our last vial of swimmers, so if this round doesn't work we'll have to order a couple more vials - about $870 - in addition to reordering the Follistim and Ovidrel for another round.
Seven months we've been at this, with no luck yet. I know there are plenty of ladies who have waited a lot longer than that to get pregnant, but it is starting to be a little exhausting. Both Kaitlin and I are feeling like our entire future, all the plans for moving our life forward, hinge on when we are successful in getting pregnant - because getting pregnant takes so much money, we have no money to plan a wedding or do home improvements or any of the other things we want to do until we get those two pink lines. If I wasn't already so infertile we'd be working on several of those other things first (like getting married) but there's no time. If I'm going to be able to get pregnant, it has to be very, very soon, or it may never be able to happen at all. I know this is especially frustrating for Kaitlin... I know it is... but there's not really a way around it unless we want to give up on the idea of being moms altogether.
So anyway, that's where we're at. I'm tired of working long hours to make up for the time I've been out of work, so this TWW might actually feel like a reprieve - no more injections or doctor appointments for a while. Hoping to use it as a chance to recharge a little, because I've been feeling a bit hectic the last couple of weeks, like I don't have work and housekeeping and writing and all the other little elements of life as under control as I would like.
Kaitlin's unbirthday is coming up in August, though, and I already have a day full of fun stuff planned for her - I hope she enjoys it! Since her actual birthday is in December, she never really feels like she gets to celebrate since her day gets sort of lumped in with Christmas stuff. So we have decided to celebrate her birthday in August instead - an unbirthday - when it's warm and sunny and we can actually go do something fun. Which reminds me, I need to go to Kohls today and buy her birthday present before my $10 in Kohls cash expires. I got to take the day off of work too, which means a 3 day weekend for me - and it's sorely needed right now.
Did I mention that a couple weekends ago we went shopping and got Kaitlin some nice work clothes? And found her an absolutely beautiful fancy dress, that I'm going to have her wear to my brother's wedding in September. Now I need something pretty to wear too... I'm a little envious. :P
If this cycle IS the one that works, our due date will be April 10 - sounds like a great birthday to me. Fingers crossed, fingers crossed....
No comments:
Post a Comment