Friday, November 14, 2014

Injections start tomorrow

Been a pretty quiet couple weeks on the TTC front. The meds are just sitting on my countertop, and I've spent the time focusing on other things. It's performance evaluation time at work, so I'm in for some loooooong days (and nights) until I can get all my staff's evals done, approved by my boss, reviewed with the staff, signed, and turned in. I've got two mostly done and three to go, but only a week and a half left to finish them in.

In the meantime, last weekend was that SCA event with the Laureling ceremony. I've never been that close to one before so it was pretty awesome to get to really see the inner workings of all the elements that go into it. My apprentice sister did SO MUCH WORK, I really have to believe she is secretly a superhero of some kind. Anyway, it was beautiful, and thankfully she liked the coat I made, and people seemed to like my dress  - though I am in desperate need of more comfortable garb. Wearing a full-on Tudor gown for 10 hours gets pretty darned painful by the end of the night. When I get my hands on a little more money I'm going to try and crank out a Norse/Viking. It will give me the chance to practice my abysmal embroidery skills too.

Now it's on to feverishly editing my book for the 12/1 due date. I've only gotten to chapter 7 so far, so I'm really going to have to pick up the pace to have it ready. This weekend, I suspect, will be spent mostly sitting under my electric blanket with my little netbook. It's been freezing cold this week and I've been miserable and cranky, as I always am when the weather turns cold. Ugh.

So this month is still tightly packed and I haven't had the time or energy to pay much attention to keeping house... when I finally do get some breathing room to do chores I fear they're going to take FOREVER to get through. SIGH.

Anyway, I emailed the Greek clinic today to confirm that I should start Lupron tomorrow. I'm guessing these injections will be even less pleasant than the Follistim, because there's no pretty injection pen, just separate little syringes that have to be filled. Uuuuuuuugh. ;.; This had just better turn into a baby that loves me forever and ever for facing one of my biggest phobias every day for the sake of bringing them into the world. :P

I am looking forward to the time off from work. Kind of worried about it too, as it always seems to be when I'm out that shit hits the fan, and I come back to a lot of trouble. Praying to every power in existence that my staff behave themselves, our clients behave themselves, and no calamities arise in the two weeks that I'm planning to be out. But that stress aside, having two whole, blissful weeks of not-being-at-work, and even better, being in Greece, and even better, the chance that I could come home pregnant... it's really a bright spot on the horizon of my life right now. 2015 could be a year that completely changes my life, if we're successful with this.

Here's hoping. Cross fingers for me tomorrow, cause these injections are not going to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment