Tuesday, November 25, 2014

IVF#1 CD1 - Start Your Engines!

AF came this morning. The moment we've all been waiting for!! (Erm, well, at least the moment Kaitlin and I have been waiting for...)

And this means we're well and truly ready to gear up for this sucker. I have an ultrasound/estrogen bloodwork test scheduled for tomorrow morning. Our Lupron shots continue every night. Once my estrogen level is right, the Greek clinic's going to have me start taking additional estrogen, and we should know then exactly what dates we're going to need to be in Greece.

Then I have to buy tickets and make travel arrangements, and arrange things at work for coverage and so on, and pack, and make arrangements for my mom to watch my dog... and THEN it is off to Greece for an embryo transfer (and a tour of Athens and the nearby areas.)  It's looking like the weather in Greece is going to be pretty typical of weather here - some snow and thunderstorms, high temps in the 50's. Not as much fun as being there in the summer, but I'll bring warm clothes because I'm determined we're going to have fun. Who knows, maybe we'll even be there over Christmas... that would be kind of cool.

I started writing a book for our future kiddo. Presumptuous, I know, but I'm trying to be optimistic. I want our kiddo to have a bedtime storybook that tells them how they were conceived - how badly Kaitlin and I wanted to have a baby, and all the things we went through to bring them into our family. It will talk about how we used donors to make the baby we wanted, because the doctors told us we couldn't have a baby on our own. And it means we can raise our kiddo from the very beginning with a loving account of where they came from, how much they were wanted... give them the sense that having them is our happily-ever-after, that they are the happy ending to our story. Anyway, it's ambitious, of course, because I'm assuming we're going to GET a happy ending after all of this, and that part still remains to be seen. But putting it in writing gives me a feeling, however unrealistic, that I have some sort of magic power to make it happen by writing it down.

Anyway, if we do get pregnant, I'm going to ask Kaitlin to do illustrations for the book, and we'll publish it through Snapfish or one of those other scrapbooking kinds of places, and our future kiddo will have their own book, all about them and how they "saved the day" for their moms.

This is really going to happen. We're really going out there. And I am gearing up for what is likely to be the most nervewracking TWW of my entire life...

In the meantime, I completed the edits on my third novel and submitted them. I should be working on my fourth novel coming up next... still having such a hard time getting "into" the new set of characters. This always happens. I think I was probably five or eight chapters into PotH before I really started falling in love with Kade and Erinda. Hoping that's going to happen here, once I really dig into Frost and Panna's story. I'm determined to be a good book-mommy this round, and monitor book awards and blogs and do a real, planned marketing campaign when PotH comes out. Though I realize that ultimately the very best marketing I could do for my books would be to actually just keep writing them, and not let 10 years go by in between. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment