We have plane tickets. We're leaving this coming Saturday, the 6th, and somehow the fates arranged it so that we have one extra bonus overnight layover in Rome! So here's the itinerary as it stands for now:
Saturday, December 6th:
Leaving Denver at 10:48 AM. Arriving at JFK Airport in NYC at 4:27 PM.
Leaving NYC at 8:12 PM. Overnight flight to Rome (8 hours.)
Sunday, December 7th:
Arriving in Rome at 11:40 AM. Taking the train to downtown Rome (about 30 minutes)
Taking a walking tour around the heart of Rome to see as much as we can, including the Parthenon and the Colesseum.
Staying overnight at B&B Elevenrome.
Monday, December 8th:
Check out of the B&B by 6 AM. Walk to the train station (about 30 minutes.)
Take the 6:37 AM train to the airport (about 30 minutes) and arrive by 7:00.
Leaving Rome at 8:40 AM.
Arriving in Athens at 11:40 AM, where our tour package should provide transportation to our hotel.
We will have 6 overnights in Athens total, and 3 overnights in other places as part of the tour package. So at some point during the trip we will be taking a half-day tour of Athens, a one-day cruise between Aegina, Poros and Hydra islands, and tours of Olympia, Delphi and Meteora (with overnights in/near each.) The travel agency is choosing the hotels for this part of our trip, so I'll have to update the itinerary once we get more details about how that's going to work.
Wednesday, December 17th:
Check out of the hotel at probably 4 AM. Our tour package should provide us with transportation back to the airport.
Leaving Athens at 6 AM, arriving in Rome at 7:05 AM.
Leaving Rome at 10:30 AM, arriving in NYC (JFK) at 2:20 PM.
Leaving NYC at 8:14 PM, arriving in Denver at 10:59 PM.
And in the meantime, we'll be continuing our Lupron injections. The Greek Clinic asked me to start taking my estrogen supplements on a steadily increasing schedule, starting yesterday, so we've added that, too. I bought the tickets in my maiden name since that's the name on my passport. Hoping it won't cause an issue, but there isn't time or money to get my passport reissued in my current name.
I've started a travel documents pouch for our IDs, plane tickets, reservations, Rome and Athens maps, and anything else I can think of that we might need in paper form in case we don't have internet access. I'm also going to have to start a packing list. And, I only have a week at work to prepare for being gone for two weeks. The plan is to take two full weeks off of work, which means that I'll have a good four days (Thurs - Sunday) after we get home to recover from jet lag, put my feet up and keep on resting in the first part of the TWW.
Then it's back to work for two and a half days, a half day for Christmas Eve and a full day for Christmas off of work again, another day of work that Friday, and a weekend. We should know by New Year's or so if we are pregnant.
Oh my gosh, this is really happening. The clinic promised to send me the bio of the egg donor tomorrow... I am assuming that means they used my picture and chose the most available donor already, and that she's already got treatment underway.
I will say that the choice of egg donor is one bit of this process I'm less than pleased about. The truth is we're not picky so long as she's healthy and fertile, but it sounds like the clinic pretty much chose her for us without offering us any options. I am also concerned whether they are really giving us a "fresh" donor, or whether they plan on using frozen eggs from an earlier donation... because I haven't heard anything from them about syncing a donor's cycle with mine, or whether she's on meds right now, or when her retrieval date might be scheduled, and I'm a little annoyed since their website was pretty clear that the package included a fresh donor egg. If it turns out to be a frozen one instead, it's not like we're not still going to go through with it... but I will be sure to let folks know that what their website says isn't accurate.
I can't believe we're going to be in Greece in a week. Holy cow.
Please, everybody, cross every available appendage in the hopes that this works...?
No comments:
Post a Comment