Monday, February 24, 2014

CD14 – Disappointing News

I went in for my ultrasound on Saturday to see how many nice follies I’d have after this cycle’s round of Clomid… And there were only two or three very small ones, plus a gigantic, mysterious dark thing. They drew blood to try and figure out what was going on, and I left worried that I had some sort of a cyst that we’d have to deal with.  Got the call later on that afternoon – I don’t have a cyst (good news) but apparently I had already ovulated. And the RE said, based on the level of progesterone in my blood she’s pretty sure that I ovulated more than one egg. So the good news is, I’m responding strongly to the Clomid. The bad news is that we don’t get to do an IUI this cycle because the egg(s) are already gone.

So disappointed, sigh… I am going to take it as a sign from the universe that I am meant to put new tires on my car, since they’re almost entirely smooth and we still have the heavy March and April snows coming. Replacing my tires will be around $250 and I wouldn’t have had the money if I paid for an IUI this cycle. So as disappointed as I am that I have to wait another month before we can do attempt #2 – I should probably be focused on being grateful instead.

I’m not really surprised. My flow was so bizarre this cycle and then I got sick and had crazy high temperatures for a couple days… I have to wonder if my body got confused and decided to release eggs early as a result. Based on my temperature chart, I’m guessing I ovulated sometime around CD7, but it could have been even earlier than that. *sigh* So I knew this cycle was going to be weird – I was even worried based just on the unusual AF that I’d have to sit this one out. Now my body has decided for me, I guess.

So babymaking is on hold until my next AF begins – I’m just supposed to call the RE on the first day of AF so we can do another round of Clomid. Not sure when to predict AF will arrive. If I go 14DPO, it would be March 3rd. If I go my usual 24 day cycle, it would be around March 7th. I guess if it comes nearer the 3rd I’ll have a better idea of when I ovulated, yeah?

In the meantime we spent the weekend cleaning the house, going grocery shopping, and I spent some time with my mom yesterday since she came up to show me how to use the embroidery machine she gave me. I also painted my nails (though it came out goopy and I’ll probably redo them) after a couple weeks of being too busy to tend to them. I’m looking forward to next weekend, since that’s when we get to go look at our engagement photos and see how they turned out. :) And this afternoon on my lunch break I’m going over to Walmart to look into replacing my tires. I have to admit, I will feel a lot safer once I have the new tires on – and a lot less apprehensive about the coming spring snows. 


I kind of hope AF shows up as soon as possible so we can get another crack at this…

No comments:

Post a Comment