Tuesday, February 4, 2014

IUI#1 CD21 6DPI - Money Talk

Feeling even more certain today that I’m not pregnant. I know the chances are slight for any given cycle anyway. But I just don’t feel pregnant at all. If I did have a fertilized egg it could possibly implant today, or anytime between today and Saturday. But other than a little gassiness (which I seem to always have, LOL) there really isn’t anything at all. The soreness in my lower abdomen is just barely there today, so I guess now I know it will take my body about a week to recover from the “trauma” of an IUI.

Of course I’m still really hoping I’ll get an unexpected BFP next week – I would really like to have an October due date. Or a November one, if we TTC this month and are successful. I think we’ve decided to go ahead and try in March if we need to, even though it’s likely to mean a December due date… Because I have such a limited supply of eggs and they’re going to diminish more rapidly with the Clomid, we really shouldn’t waste a cycle.

But I guess for now I’m going to assume it didn’t work and plan for another IUI cycle this month. I got all of my tax documents in yesterday’s mail, so I filed my tax returns last night. By putting the full refund on my credit card, there will be about $446 I’ll still need to finish off. So this month’s TTC will go on the credit card, and with my end-of-February paycheck I’ll pay another chunk of the card off, and then in March I should only have to pay about $200 to get it paid off completely, and if I need to do another TTC cycle I should have enough in my account to pay for it outright without having to use the card. Hopefully I will have enough to replace the tires on my car in April, because they’re pretty much bald. X.x And I'd also like to have my tiny dog’s long-overdue spay and dental work done in April too. Which means in May I can start saving up for the basement floor and/or a FET procedure with adopted embryos – depending on whether I’m pregnant yet or not. If we have to go the FET route, I'll be $4000-$5000 in the hole again, and it will probably take me another year or two to pay that off - but hey, it will be tax deductible, yeah?

I also submitted the app to refinance Kaitlin’s motorcycle yesterday. We’re going to talk about whether it might be a good idea to do the same with her car. I’m doing some preliminary window(web) shopping for my next car, which is going to be a Toyota Prius… I adore my Yaris, and just got it paid off, but it isn’t really an appropriate family vehicle. I want to hang on to the Yaris until the last month or so of pregnancy, then sell it on Craigslist and go through USAA’s car buying service to get a good used Prius with relatively low miles. Will put the proceeds from the Yaris as a down payment on the Prius, so I should end up with a payment scarcely more than what I was paying on the Yaris. I’ll probably have to borrow one of my dad’s spare cars to drive around for a week or two in between selling and buying. I’m really excited about the Prius – I believe it will get even better gas mileage than I get now, and the Prius usually has cruise control and keyless entry – two things I really wish I had in my current car. Also, the large back seat and hatchback will make it great for hauling baby to daycare, fetching groceries and taking road trips to my mom’s.

So financial planning is working out and I’m feeling relatively confident about being able to manage money stuff for now. If only TTC could be so manageable, sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment