Thursday, February 6, 2014

IUI#1 CD23 8DPI - Halfway through the TWW

It took about five or six days, but now the post-IUI-cramps soreness is gone. We’re at 8DPI and I have no symptoms worth noting. On Monday I thought I might have had a wee bit of nausea while I was driving during my lunch break; on Tuesday night Kaitlin and I went to dinner at Red Robin and I had a very brief moment of nausea as I was drinking bitter tea on an empty stomach. It was literally like, a one-second wave. Nausea is rare for me, but since that was 6DPI, it seems way too early to be feeling any such thing. So I don’t want to read too much into it.

  
Yesterday my BBT took a little dip – only by about .25 of a degree, though I did get up to go to the bathroom before I took my temp, so likely the starting temp was lower than that. I got up about 15-20 minutes earlier than my usual temp time, though, and the temperature overnight was wayyy in the negatives (thank you, Colorado winter) and that could also have contributed to the lower BBT. So while it *maybe* was an implantation dip, the circumstances are just too ambiguous to have any sort of confidence.

So yeah – that’s where we’re at right now. I took a second HCG test on Tuesday night and got a squinter – a second line was there but only barely visible, so I think the trigger shot should be completely out of my system by now. I’m going to take another test tonight just to be sure. Hopefully it’s pure negative, so I can be certain that if the line comes back over the next few days it is a real positive and not just the remnants of the trigger.

I’ve decided I’ll start doing daily tests on Saturday night, which is 10DPI. Each negative means it’s very slightly less likely I’ll get a positive the next day, which lets me ease into the disappointment of a negative result before AF just shows up in all its crushing glory. But I’m not feeling particularly optimistic right now. My guess is that we’ll be doing all of this again at the end of this month… Likely around the 26th or so.

Other than that there’s not much exciting stuff going on. The weather has been awful – temperatures below zero most of the day. I didn’t even take my coat and hat off when I got home from work last night, but sat around in them until bedtime. I did obtain a little microwave for my office, so today will be the first day I’ll warm up my lunch in my own little space. And I have all my office decorations up, so it kind of looks like Valentine’s Day exploded all over my tiny space. I love it. ;)

At least we’re into the second half stretch of the TWW. By this time next week I should have a definitive answer as to whether our IUI worked or not. Seriously, of all of the parts of TTC, the TWW is the worst for me. I am not an inherently patient person. It sort of feels like my life is on hold and can’t move forward until I know whether I’m going to have a baby or not. And since having a baby is such a big part of my dreams for the future, I’m ready to get this show on the road, LOL.

Come on,  BFP!! In the meantime, here's this week's manicure. Sadly this one's not holding up so well, and it's chipping and peeling a lot. Will try something a little different next week...






No comments:

Post a Comment