But honestly, I’m not holding my breath. I just don’t feel pregnant at all. Which is not to say I don’t very much hope and wish for it… Over the weekend we had lunch at Panda Express and Kaitlin got the coolest fortune in her cookie:
So I was super excited that maybe the fates were referring to a BFP, even if I’m not really feeling anything. What I wouldn’t give for a little spotting or cramping today, something to indicate implantation. I’m going to wait until tomorrow to start testing out the trigger, since the stash of pregnancy tests I ordered won’t arrive for a little while.
In the meantime, I spent the weekend running errands with Kaitlin and getting started on the SCA embroidery project I’ve been assigned by my SCA Laurel, Duchess Berengaria. We also stopped by the Shane Company and I bought Kaitlin’s wedding band, the one that will go into her e-ring. The rings are now with the ShaneCo jewelers being sized and attached to each other. We went to the Apple store so she could have her iPad with the broken screen replaced, and got super lucky – the kind folks at the store had quoted her a price of $50, then said she actually didn’t qualify and should pay $300. But because they’d quoted her the $50, they honored it… and she was able to get her iPad replaced for a fraction of what she would have had to pay otherwise. This is great because it allows her to save more to have her teeth fixed.
And, I received the stash of little office-decorating supplies I’d ordered from Amazon. So when I got to work today, I replaced my wintery decorations with all the little dollar-store Valentine’s day things I’d picked up – heart-shaped tinsel wreath on the door, heart-shaped candy dish with V-Day chocolates, red table runner, pink rose-shaped scented soap petals, a glass rose, love-themed window clings, etc. I plan to grab a few more hanging things so I can add a couple of them hanging from the ceiling and my cabinets. Oh, and some encouragement-themed magnetic poetry for the side of my filing cabinet. In addition, while at Walmart I picked up that $50 microwave I’ve been eyeing. After work I’ll go get it out of my car and set it up under my desk… then next month, hopefully, I’ll be able to afford the $75 mini fridge and I’ll have a full on lunch station in my office – awesome.
I also repainted my nails, so I’ll put up a photo in the next day or so. This time they’re glitter red with red and white texture flakes… They’re kind of cool. While we were at Walmart, there was a photography group there offering these awesome 12x18 linen-look portraits for $20 plus a $5 sitting fee… so I signed Kaitlin and I up for an appointment at 8 PM on Monday the 17th. Basically the company dresses you up in Victorian-era pearls and lace, and you get a large sepia-colored portrait. Of course they will let you do other poses and you can buy those too, which we probably will… this is going to be our engagement photo session. I love this idea, because it lets us do something a little costumed for our engagement photos. Since our wedding is likely to be costume-esque also, it just seems really appropriate. This will give me the chance, too, to buy some makeup and hairstyling bits for both of us – I want bold eyeliner, false lashes, and to give Kaitlin lots of neat, shiny curls. I’m also going to wear my green PinkyParadise contacts, which will really bring out my eyes. Something exciting to think about while I’m waiting to find out if I’m pregnant… and if I am, it will be like a celebration, and if I’m not, the photoshoot will be somewhat consoling as we gear up for round #2.
Wow, now that I re-read this, it was actually quite an eventful weekend, even if it really felt like I wasn’t getting much done. This time next week I will be 12DPI, and can start testing in earnest. Hope the week goes by fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment