Wednesday, February 19, 2014

CD9 – Attack of Life

I haven’t updated in a long while because the last week or so has been completely overwhelming… I was very sick over Valentine’s Day, had to finish an embroidery project, and things got chaotic at work. But here’s where we’re at now:

On Valentine’s Day I talked to the RE and let her know that my spotting had pretty much stopped. She also confirmed that the blood pregnancy test had come back negative. This is one of the oddest periods I’ve ever had… a much lighter flow than usual (it barely even became more than spotting) and such a dark color. Anyway, the RE said we would use Tuesday the 11th, when the spotting started, as CD1. She put me back on the 100mg/day dose of Clomid for five days, starting on CD4 (Valentine’s.) Though I was sick and miserable, I still went faithfully to the drugstore, picked up my prescription, and took it daily. Yesterday was my last dose. I got a few spots in my vision this morning, but otherwise I feel like I’ve had a lot fewer symptoms from the Clomid this cycle than last time. I’m hoping that doesn’t mean my body’s being less responsive to it…

I have an appointment for an ultrasound on Saturday at 8 AM. I’m going to be using OPKs between now and then just to be sure I don’t get a smiley first – the RE didn’t tell me to do this, but I really don’t want to miss this cycle by not paying attention.  Also, I really, really think that the reason my last period was so odd was because I didn’t have a very good uterine lining last cycle… from what I understand, Clomid does that sometimes. The blood was old and there wasn’t much of it, which makes me think my lining wasn’t thick enough for implantation and it died long before my body was ready to shed it. So I did a little online research and until I go in for the ultrasound I’m going to take a Vitamin E supplement and a baby aspirin every day in addition to my prenatal, to see if this will help thicken my lining up.

I am also going to ask the doctor pretty earnestly for progesterone this time around. I really think my lining died off early and my poor little egg(s) – if fertilized – didn’t have a chance as a result.

I’ve actually had so much other stuff on my plate the last week or so that I haven’t had much time to think about TTC. I’ve been temping in the mornings but my chart is wayyyy messed up because of the fever I had while I was sick. Also, Kaitlin’s dad went into the hospital on Monday after a heart attack, and he’s currently not in great shape, plus things are very stressful for her at work right now, so she’s under a lot of pressure too and hasn’t been having a very good week so far…

On the sunshiny side, though, we did go in to do our vintage-style engagement photos on Monday night. And that was actually a LOT of fun. It took me about an hour and a half to curl Kaitlin’s hair into a ton of doll-like ringlets, and we did our makeup and put on false lashes and I wore a pair of my PinkyParadise contacts for good measure. Then we got to the photo studio, signed in and got to change into shabby-chic lace dresses and 1930’s-style hats and pearls, and go pose for the photographer.

We’re going back on March 3rd to pick up our large photo (the one that comes with the package we bought) and probably buy the CD of images too so that we can print others out as we wish. I’m really excited to see how they turned out. Kaitlin looked really pretty and I felt super cute (I had this little hat that looked AWESOME with my short hair) so it’s something to look forward to in the midst of all this craziness.


No comments:

Post a Comment