Got the call from the doctor. Since I’m not pregnant (no
surprise there) they are starting me on birth control for two weeks. I go back
in for an ultrasound on the 19th to see if the follicles have
shrunk.
Here’s where things get confusing. She said I might start
bleeding as soon as I stop the birth control. If so, they’ll count that as the
start of a new cycle and begin the whole Clomid/trigger/IUI process again. If
not, it sounds like I have to wait for AF to show up again before we get to
TTC. And, if the ultrasound shows that
the follicles are still too big, I have to stay on the birth control for
another week and check again with another ultrasound before we can proceed.
What all of this amounts to is that it’s likely to be at
least four more weeks before we get to do another IUI. Meaning that there will
definitely be no 2014 baby :( January
2015 is the earliest due date we can hope for.
Trying not to be too disappointed. After all, last month’s
missed cycle meant I got new tires on my car, and this month’s missed/delayed
cycle will mean a non-December birthdate (and possibly some money for savings
if we don’t have TTC costs until April.) Originally Kaitlin and I had even
talked about skipping this cycle on purpose so as not to inflict a December
birthday on our kiddo. So this may just be the universe’s way of giving us the
child we’re meant to have… But even staring hard at the silver lining can’t
quite take away the gloom of the cloud at this particular moment. SIGH. I am SO
not a patient person, and more waiting is just so frustrating.
I will try to just be grateful that my medical insurance is
covering the cost of the ultrasounds. If I were paying for those out of pocket
they’d be $250ish each. And at least we’re not blindly wasting vials of
swimmers, since the RE is able to do the ultrasounds and see what’s really
going on in there.
I’ll go by the pharmacy tonight and pick up the birth
control pills, and I guess we’ll see what happens from there…
No comments:
Post a Comment