I picked up a Clomid refill last night in preparation for
this cycle, and then went in to the RE’s office this morning for an ultrasound.
They found what looks like maybe some larger follicles on my left ovary, so
they also took some blood to check my estrogen level. The doctor is going to
review my chart and the bloodwork, and call this afternoon to let me know
whether I should proceed with the Clomid tomorrow. Fingers crossed that everything looks good – I’ll
be sooooo frustrated if they ask me to sit out another cycle!!
Anyway, I also have an appointment for my tiny dog to get
spayed and have some stubborn baby teeth pulled since they haven’t fallen out
yet. This little adventure will be happening on St. Patrick’s Day, and I’m
using a clinic down in Pueblo where my mom lives because they are SO much less
expensive (like, $300 less) than any of the vets I can find up here. There’s an
SCA event on the 15th that’s down by my mom’s house anyway, so I’m
taking my baby down there for the event, dropping her off with my mom, and will
be without her for two days. My mom will take her in for me on Monday, and go
pick her up, and then I’ll leave work early Monday to go get her. Poor little
thing. She’ll be miserable for a while, and it’s so hard because you can’t
exactly explain to her that I’m doing this for her benefit – all she knows is
that her mama dropped her off at grandma’s and left – then grandma took her to
a scary place where she got drugged and came out with painful stitches in her
tummy. :( But it must be done. I guess it’s good practice for being a parent
someday, LOL.
I’m trying to see if I can finish making a new wool dress
for the SCA event. I have the bodice and lace-on sleeves done, but need to sew
the skirt together, finish the seams, attach the skirt to the bodice, add skirt
guards (decorative banding) and then make a couple dozen eyelets along the back
by hand. All between now and the 15th. Not sure whether I’ll make it
or not… And there’s a whole overgown I’d love to do that I know I won’t
complete in time. Here's a little graphic of the under and over dresses that I'm planning:
But, the dress will be wool, and therefore warm, and the
event is always freezing cold because it’s in a barn. If I have time, Kaitlin
also wants me to make her a hat, and I’d like to make a warm wool cape or
something for my little dog so she can stay warm too. ;)
So lots of things to keep me busy in the next couple weeks,
thank goodness. I’m just hoping that the TWW will be equally full of
distractions!

No comments:
Post a Comment