Just got the call from my RE’s office. My estrogen is
elevated. Apparently this means I do have leftover follicles from last cycle,
which is not good, so the doc has to put me on birth control for a while. I am
hoping it doesn’t mean we can’t TTC this cycle – I will cry. ;.;
But I won’t have more details until tomorrow, because
apparently they have to do a pregnancy test first. The nurse was trying, bless
her heart, to be optimistic about the possibility of pregnancy, but we didn’t do
an insemination last cycle AND I am currently on my second day of a very
normal-looking period… so no. Still, she said they had to rule it out before
they could prescribe the birth control, so I’m waiting for a call back tomorrow
with further instructions. Looks like I may not be taking the Clomid at all
this round.
Sigh.
Who would have thought that getting pregnant would be so
complicated? I’m particularly frustrated because we’re into our third month now
and we’ve only gotten to TTC once.
I know a lot of couples have had to try much, much longer,
so it’s probably selfish of me to complain this early in :P but still. Sheesh.
Working late tonight to make up the time I missed for my
appointment this morning. I think I need a little extra chocolate this
afternoon…
No comments:
Post a Comment