Friday, April 18, 2014

IUI#2 CD10 – I AM FERTILE AGAIN!!

Great, great news from the ultrasound this morning. I have two nice follies, one on either side, at 16 mm and 17 mm, respectively. So we are going to be able to move forward with an IUI this month.

The past few months have been pretty miserable, both on the TTC front and at work. This news has completely made my day this morning, and even all the stressful stuff going on at work can’t put a damper on my mood today. We get to do an IUI this round!! Even better, we’re doing the trigger shot at 8 PM Sunday night (Easter!), and the IUI at 8 AM Tuesday morning (the 22nd) -  which just happens to be the day that my boss gave me off of work because of all the crazy hours I’ve been working lately. That means we get to do the IUI first thing in the morning, and then I can go home and prop my hips up all freaking day if I want.

I also talked to the nurse about my concerns about the period I had after our first IUI attempt, how dark the flow was and how little there was of it, and I told her it was very similar to the period I had after stopping birth control, so I’m wondering if my uterine lining that cycle was not very good. She said she would talk to the doctor and see about getting me progesterone this time around. I’m going to keep taking my prenatals and some extra Vitamin E and baby aspirin, as the rumor mill on the internet says they can contribute to a nicer lining. But the idea of having the progesterone too is encouraging. Pregnancy due date, if we are successful, would be January 13th.

I am so, so excited for the next few days. I went straight from my ultrasound appointment to the pharmacy, and picked up the trigger shot so we’ll have it on hand… I love that this new pharmacy charges $90 less for the shot than the other place did… more money to spend on IUIs!


Hey, it’s April and the season for fertility, right? I’m feeling very optimistic about our chances this round. We still have three vials left to try with. I have new tires on my car and a sweet tiny dog that is no longer in danger of dying from uterine problems. For all my frustration at the wait, it seems like the universe is taking care of me. So now, fingers crossed that maybe April turns out to be the lucky month.

No comments:

Post a Comment