Friday, April 25, 2014

IUI#2 CD17 3DPI Donor News and Glimmers of Hope

So we are at what, 3 DPI now? I start my progesterone tonight, which will be interesting since I’ve never taken a pill vaginally before. And I'm starting to get excited, just a wee bit. After all, even though the odds are against it, there’s the *possibility* that I could be pregnant. That in the next three to six days, I could have a little blastocyst implant in there… and become a mom.

The post-IUI cramps are finally almost gone. It was particularly uncomfortable yesterday – not sharp pain, but this dull, heavy, neverending ache in my gut that made me have to pee every five minutes and generally made me feel cranky. Today there’s only a slight twinginess, so my guess is that by tomorrow I’ll be feeling pretty normal again. I guess that’s part of the fun of TTC – not only do you get the joy of cramps during AF, you get to experience them again after the IUI. Yay. :P

10DPI is May 2nd, and that’s the day I plan to start testing. Tonight, I’m going to start testing out the trigger – so that I can be sure, if I get two lines later on, that it’s a real positive and not just the trigger shot. But oh my gosh, I checked the donor website and it looks like there have now been reported pregnancies with our donor!! This is fabulous. <3 Means he has swimmers that work… now to see if I can’t get one of them. ;)

Kaitlin’s graduation party is tomorrow, though I think she’s worried that no one will come. The house is all pretty and decorated, though, and even if nobody shows up we are going to have cake and beer (well, she’ll have hard cider, and I’ll take it easy on the beer…) and celebrate anyway.

Other than that, plans for this weekend include catching up on sleep and maybe spending some time outside if the weather is okay – it’s supposed to snow, though, so I won’t be holding my breath. Might be a good time to cuddle up at home and get a decent start on my fourth novel – or do some work on the cover image for the third one, since Kaitlin needs to paint it.


Just have to get through this Friday first. J

No comments:

Post a Comment