Well, IUI #2 is officially a go. I had my appointment
yesterday morning, so we got to the doctor’s bright and early. This time was a
little more uncomfortable than last time – it took the nurse a little longer to
get the right angle with the speculum, and apparently my cervix was tilted very
weird. However, once again our donor’s counts were in excess of 10 million
(around 10.6, if I remember right). And, I was able to get them to prescribe me
progesterone, which I picked up from the pharmacy yesterday afternoon. I am
supposed to start the progesterone on Friday, and then keep taking it until the
doctor tells me otherwise. However, since progesterone could prevent me from
starting my next cycle even if I’m not pregnant, I have to call for an
appointment/blood test around May 8th. Funny, because that’s my
youngest brother’s birthday. :P
So we’ll see if this one takes. I’m actually feeling less
optimistic, now that the initial buzz of being able to finally try again has worn down. I had cramping yesterday and it’s
ongoing today, though it’s more of an uncomfortable twingy pressure than
full-on cramps. Still, it’s a constant reminder that there’s the possibility I
might have a fertilized egg in there somewhere… That in a couple of weeks, my
entire life could be changed forever. But right now, I don’t feel very
pregnant.
I will say, though, that yesterday was a perfectly wonderful
day. I mentioned before that my boss had given me the day off of work, because
I’d put in so many long hours in the last few weeks. And because I had to be up
at my usual time in order to get to the 8AM doctor appointment, I had the rest
of the day to do whatever I wanted. I went to Big Lots and splurged on a new
bedding set, complete with Euro-style pillows and some extra throw pillows; I
went to the Dollar store and got decorations for Kaitlin’s graduation party
this weekend (and decorations for May and June themes for my office.) I went
home and decorated the living room with the graduation party stuff, then went
upstairs and re-made our bed with the pretty new stuff – LOVE!!!! Then I spent
some time hanging out on the porch in the backyard in the sunshine, working on
my computer while the dog and cats played in the grass. I went to the pharmacy
and then to Kohl’s, where I treated myself to a new necklace (yellow
butterfly!!) and nice earrings for work. Came home, made dinner, watched some
TV with the fiancée, and off to bed in our pretty bedroom. It was probably the
most relaxing day I’ve had in a long time, and really hit the spot. I’m feeling
a million times better than I have in the past several weeks.
So we’re back in the TWW. While the last time it was
torturous and never-ending, I feel like this time won’t be so bad because after
having to wait two months just to be able to try again, I’m overjoyed just to
be in another TWW at last.
Two vials left of our donor, if this one doesn’t take. I
really wish there was some sort of a magic machine that would tell you whether
you had a fertilized egg, and then whether that egg had implanted. But especially,
just knowing whether one even fertilized. I’d really like to know if I have one
in there… or if I have two (eep)… or if nothing happened. I’d like to know if I have a problem even
getting eggs fertilized, or if I have no problem with that but have a problem
getting them to survive long enough to implant, or whatever. I just want more
information that I can’t have, LOL…
No comments:
Post a Comment