Monday, May 19, 2014

IUI#3 CD10 Another round tomorrow!

The blog’s been quiet lately, so here’s the scoop: AF showed up on May 10th, about a day after the BFN blood test.  I did my five days of Clomid last week, Monday through Friday, and today (Monday) I went in for an ultrasound. I have several good follicles, one that’s 19mm. They also did a urine OPK, which they didn’t do at my last ultrasound, and sure enough it was a smiley. That means I’m going back in tomorrow AM for the IUI.

I asked Kaitlin if she wanted to come to this one, since she’s working 4 10 hour days this week and it would put her at work very late tomorrow. She decided she’ll come anyway, and just deal with the late hours, because if this is the round that works she’ll be really disappointed if she wasn’t there for the conception of our kiddo.

I’m feeling good about this one – my signs have always shown that I ovulate pretty early on in my cycle, around Day 11. Our two rounds of IUI thus far have always taken place later, like around day 13 or so. I took OPKs myself for the first one, and didn’t get a positive so they had me trigger… but you have to wait 36 hours after trigger for an insem, and I can’t help but wonder if I was triggering around the same time I was naturally ovulating, and maybe the insem was late. Last month we didn’t do any OPKs at all, so for all I know I had already ovulated by the time the IUI happened. So as of this morning, my follicles are definitely all still in there, AND I’m naturally ovulating without even needing a trigger – so it seems to me that maybe our timing with this one will be better and we save $80 on a trigger shot. :P

The only bummer is having to tell my boss I’ll be late to work two days in a row this week, as well as Tuesday next week in order to have our consult with Dr. Trout. I haven’t given her any details as to why I’ve had so many doctor appointments lately – I really don’t want to have to answer questions about whether the procedure has worked yet or not, etc…. It will be awkward enough to tell her that I’m pregnant, once that happens. But I’m sure she has to have noticed how frequently I’ve had doctor appointments this year.

Anyway, this round will use up our third vial. If it works, I’d be getting the good news just in time for my birthday next month. I would really, really love to be pregnant before my 35th birthday. :P So I’m really hoping maybe this one is our month?? If it doesn’t work, we’ve got just one vial left. I guess we see what Dr. Trout says when we meet with her next week, as to whether she’ll be recommending IVF at that point.

If this round works, EDD would be February 10… close to Valentine’s Day. That’s Kaitlin’s mother’s and sister-in-law’s birthdays also, so hey… maybe it will run in the family? :P Fingers crossed!

In the meantime, over the weekend we did more work on our office storage closet. We put in the top shelf, built the internal “ladder” shelves, and then painted everything. We have some paint touchups to do, and then the “ladder” gets installed and we paint the remaining shelves. Once that’s done, I can start sorting, boxing and shelving all of the junk that’s currently cluttered all over the floor. I really can’t wait, as getting all that stuff tucked away out of sight is going to make me feel a million times better about the state of the house in general; the STUFF has just been in piles everywhere for almost two years, and with the new storage space we’ll be able to have a place to store not just office stuff but all the other little knickyknacky things that don’t have a place.

I have a three day weekend coming up. Kaitlin’s going to spend it at an SCA event – I’m really not in the mood. I may day-trip it up there for one day, but I’ve basically spent every three-day weekend I’ve had in the last two years at SCA events, and I want to be able to do something else with this one. So the plan is, while Kaitlin’s at Crossroads, I’ll start boxing stuff and piling it into the new closet, and will move her bookshelves to the opposite wall of the room and re-sort all her books onto them… I’ll need to go buy another bookshelf, too, as we’re going to need at least three.

Once the bookshelves are moved, we’ll have someone come help us move the gigantic desk that Kaitlin got from Craigslist upstairs. Then she can bring her computer up, get it hooked up, and we can build shelves overhead for her various knickknacks  and display things, hang up the art she wants to hang, I can clean and re-sort my own desk area, and we’ll actually have a real, useable workspace. Excited!!


Now if only the pregnancy thing would come together as well… then we’d really be making some progress. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment