Tuesday, May 20, 2014

IUI#3 CD11 Maybe Third Time’s A Charm?

Our third vial of swimmers should now be happily scooting around in my uterus. Hoping that there’s an egg in there waiting for them. Hoping that this cycle is the one. Not particularly looking forward to the next five days or so of cramping that is pretty much inevitable. :P

Poor Kaitlin was up most of the night with food poisoning, so it turned out she couldn't come with me to the IUI appointment after all. I told her that if this is the cycle that works, we'll just tell our kiddo that Mommy was having sympathy morning sickness on the day Mama got pregnant. :P

I have to go to the drugstore tonight after work and pick up a progesterone refill… I’ll start those on Friday. My goal for the next two weeks is to take my prenatal and vitamin E religiously, drink a ton of water and do 30 minutes of walking every day.

Everywhere I look right now, I see babies and toddlers. That’s somewhat to be expected, given that I work in a courthouse. Every day, I see parents walking around with their little ones, and I feel envious. While I’m doing my best to stay occupied with other things, it feels like the biggest and grandest plans I have for my life can’t be made into goals until we know when and if we’ll become parents.

However, where the thought of IVF used to be a huge worry, I actually am feeling somewhat better about the idea since I learned that I could combine a vacation to Greece with an IVF procedure and save almost half of what I’d spend doing the procedure here. I am still a bit daunted by how much it will cost – probably around $8000 with travel and all – but compared to the $15-20K that it costs here, it’s actually more reasonable.


Anyway, on to the TWW! My test date is June 5th, and my birthday is June 12th. I’m hoping for a BFP for my birthday, maybe?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment