Thursday, May 8, 2014

IUI#2 CD30 16DPI - BFN

Went in for a blood test this morning, to get the BFN confirmed so I can stop taking the progesterone. Got a call around four in the afternoon with confirmation – no pregnancy for me… and I can stop the progesterone now. They want me to call on the first day of my next AF. The nurse said we were “approved to do another Clomid round” although Dr. Trout wants a personal consult with us this time around. I’m not sure if that should make me nervous… Granted, this will be our fifth month since we started all this, but we’ve really only tried twice. Two BFNs seems pretty normal to me, but then, I do have awful AMH and FSH levels, so now I have to wonder if the doc’s only wanting to try clomid for us a few times before recommending we move on to IVF.

I don’t know what we’ll do, if we have to do IVF. I did a little research today and learned that IVF is far, far less expensive overseas – like $5,000 - $6,000 including travel expenses – whereas IVF with our clinic would be around $15,000. And hey, there’s an exotic foreign vacation in there to boot! So that may be the way we go, if we have to. SIGH.


Anyway, on to the next round…

No comments:

Post a Comment