Monday, May 5, 2014

IUI#2 CD27 13DPI – Not Looking Promising

Well, I’ve taken pregnancy tests steadily for the last four days, all with clearly negative results. And I still feel no symptoms. I’m pretty certain that this round is a bust, but I have to continue to take the progesterone until my doctor does a blood test. According to FertilityFriend, today is the recommended test date… so I’ll take another test when I get home from work, but I’m not holding my breath. Statistically about 80% of women get a pregnancy test by 13DPI, so there’s only about a 20% likelihood that I’m pregnant at this point.

Sigh.

However, this weekend we took the first steps in getting Kaitlin’s computer moved from the basement up to the office. First, we had to go through the boxes and boxes of stuff we have up there… we took a bunch of stuff to Goodwill, threw away a ton more, and made an Ebay/Craigslist box of things we need to sell. Kaitlin moved her art supplies to the basement, too. But it became painfully obvious that there is just too much stuff and nowhere to gracefully store it. So we spent the rest of the day coming up with a plan to redesign the closet with shelves that will accommodate things like unused product boxes we want to keep, copy paper and other office supplies, old photos and sentimental memorabilia, Kaitlin’s comic books, cleaning supplies, cat food and litter, and bins for Kaitlin’s toys and knickknacks. Then we went to Home Depot and priced the materials we’re going to need – looks like we can do it for about $100.

The plan for this coming weekend is to tear out the shelf and hanging bar that are currently in the closet, go to Home Depot and buy the materials, then paint and assemble the shelving (and staple plastic over the hole in the drywall in back, as we need it to work on our bathroom later but don’t want the cats or random items falling into it.) When it’s done we should have a LOT more useable space, as we’re putting in shelves that are two feet deep. I’ll have to make another trip to the store to buy plastic and fabric bins and tubs to plop in there, and then it will be another day of putting stuff into bins and getting it stashed away. Then we can pull all her books out of the two bookshelves, move the bookshelves to the opposite wall, put the books back and add a third bookshelf… and then, finally, we can move her desk and computer stuff up. Then, we can install more shelving above her desk so she can display her knickknacks, and hang her artwork around it. Eventually we need to get her another office desk, probably off of Craigslist. And I want to clean off my desk and maybe buy a new computer monitor and move around some of my cords and other items and make my desk look pretty and neat again.

Then Kaitlin will have more work to do in the basement to organize her art supplies into her space down there.  Funny how such a small thing turns out to be SO MUCH work – but then, I’ve always found that my desk/office space requires the most effort to organize. But with any luck, all the new storage we’re creating will come in very handy for making that room (and the rest of the house) more useable and livable. This closet is also the first really major project that we’ve done together since Kaitlin moved in, so I’m kind of looking forward to having a part of the house that we created together. We might install a new window shade in there… and maybe I’ll make a new valance and curtain for the cat boxes. We might put a cat door in the door too.


Anyway, the point is, it’s nice to have a big project to focus on while all of this TTC stuff is ongoing. I know this is only our second IUI so I shouldn’t be that disappointed or worried… but it feels like we’ve been waiting FOREVER for that BFP. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment