Sitting at the Denver airport now, waiting to catch my red eye flight to JFK. Plane leaves at 12:30 AM and arrives around 4:30 AM - but it will be 6:30 AM there. Then a ten hour layover at the airport before I can grab my flight to Athens.
I actually managed to give myself two of the Lupron injections this week, in preparation for having to stab myself while I'm traveling. Then, as it turns out, the injection for today is to be the last one. I start progesterone tomorrow, though I still don't know when the transfer date will be. My Greek coordinator looked over the ultrasound scan from Friday and pronounced my endometrium "very good", so that's encouraging.
Still, traveling alone is kind of hard. When I got on the airport train I shared a car with a couple who had a very new, tiny baby. And I'm hoping so much that this trip is going to turn into a baby for us too, one that I get to keep. I also know that it's all really a matter of luck. And somehow the plane flights and airports and hotel and all the other stuff that's so exciting about travel seems a lot less fun to do alone.
Anyway, at least I can be glad to finally be at that moment that felt like it would never come, the day when we get to try again. I am full of wishes tonight.
I've been following your blog from NW Cryo, and I hope that this is the trip where everything comes together perfectly and STICKS!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you!! I'm really hoping so too. We were SO CLOSE last time. Hope hope hope.... <3
ReplyDelete