Still jet lagged. Sigh.
Yesterday I was up by 3 AM. Did a little cleaning and a lot of laundry, even went outside and trimmed some branches from our blooming lilac tree and put them in a vase in the dining room... an hour later the entire house smelled like lilacs. LOVE this time of year!!
Then I decided I'd go do a little thrift store shopping, since I had the day off. Discovered that one of the stores near our house is under new management, and I swear they have a stylist or something choosing their selection, because they have a HUGE selection of really, really nice clothes. I ended up buying probably more than I should have :P and am now sitting here in a black-and-white outfit consisting of chevron striped skirt, sequined black tank, shiny black patent belt, and white blazer, and feeling very pretty and stylish. :P I had so much fun that when Kaitlin got off work around 2, I had her meet me there, and we found her a TON of fantastic new work clothes too! She hates clothes shopping, and doesn't have much spending money, but since she's now basically working as a substitute teacher every day she needs some nicer things to wear than her usual t-shirt-and-leggings combo.
Had a lot of dull, faint cramps yesterday, and less nausea - though it was still there, particularly around dinner time. The usual thirst/peeing, and that's about it. I told Kaitlin I wasn't sure whether I was super hungry or wanted to barf, LOL... Anyway, I stayed awake as long as I could but crashed at 7 PM. Had to wake up at midnight to pee, and then I couldn't really fall back asleep (body still says that midnight=morning time!) I did a couple more pg tests yesterday, and a few more in the wee hours of the morning. Still all BFN. Bummed myself out by googling and seeing that most IVF ladies were saying they had their BFP by 5dp5dt, and here I am at 6dpt with BFNs. Decided googling was not a good idea... after all, I didn't get my last BFP until 8dpt... and went back to bed. Got up when Kaitlin did at 4:30 AM.
Back at work today, in my cute little outfit, and was pleasantly impressed that there aren't really any messes for me to clean up. I have some work backlogged for me, but for the most part my staff really managed themselves well while I was out. Second time in a row that it's been "safe" for me to take a vacation... that is really encouraging.
So far today I seem to have developed a stronger sense of smell - I'm going to HAVE to clean out my fish tank (which is still empty, since my last fishie died during my m/c in January and I haven't had the heart to replace him yet). The water's just been cycling ever since, but now there's some algae in the tank and I can smell it and it is making me sick to my stomach. I have to wait until after work hours, or else do it super early in the AM tomorrow (that's probably what I'll do, 'cause I'm going to need to go home early today. The jet lag is gonna catch up with me in a few hours...) but I can't do it when there are a lot of people around using the work kitchen sink. So for now I'm sitting here trying to ignore it. But in addition to that, I can smell the perfume I put on this morning, and when I was in the kitchen earlier I could smell the dirty dishes that a lady was washing and just about gagged. I have one of the least-sensitive noses EVER, so picking up on the smells around me is just plain weird, and not a symptom I had last time.
More nausea today, though it might be because of the smells. Some light cramps that have been pretty constant for the last couple hours (and may also be contributing to the nausea.) And this most recent pg test, while still a negative, looked a lot like it WANTED TO MAYBE POSSIBLY HAVE ANOTHER LINE??? The pink dye didn't travel very well across the test, so the whole test area is still light pink instead of stark white like usual, and at the very edge where the second line would be it looks like some of the dye maybe did get stuck... it's not enough to even capture in a photo. but maybe just maybe, my little hopeful heart is whispering, it's the veryveryvery early beginnings of a BFP??? Maybe???? Now I have to wait until I have to pee again to try with another stick.
Regardless, I did not have this many symptoms last time, at all. So either I am a lot more sensitive to the meds this round, or it's really all psychosomatic because I want it so much, or else I actually am pregnant. Though I thought you couldn't really get a lot of pregnancy symptoms until baby starts making HcG? I did not have daily cramps like this last time - and I'm on so much estrogen and progesterone right now that I highly doubt they're AF-related. I was like, almost a week overdue for my period BEFORE the transfer even happened, so I'm pretty sure the meds are going to hold her off until I stop taking them. And last time I didn't have even a hint of nausea, definitely not this weird smelling issue. BBs are a little enlarged but not particularly sore or sensitive. Drinking and peeing a lot... oh, and last week I had some weird vivid dreams.
Oh, TWW, how mean you are. Please to be giving me a BFP so I can stop obsessing??? PLZ??
Anyway, gotta call the doctor today and set up a beta blood draw for 5/6. Just have to make it through the rest of the day with this nasty fish tank smell.... ew ew ew....
No comments:
Post a Comment