I've been plugging through the morning sickness as best I can, though I've learned that I usually have 2-3 good hours in the morning after I wake up, and then feel really crappy around 11 AM - noon, and then a little bit better (but really wanting a nap) around 2 - 4, and then back to feeling increasingly crappy from about 5 PM until bedtime. Usually by the time I go to bed I am at my most miserable.
But yesterday, what started out as just the faintest tiniest itty bit of pink in the morning turned into an actual almost-light-blood-flow right when I got home from work, bright red. A couple hours later it had faded to dark brown spotting with small clots, which lessened until bedtime. Spotting is still there this morning, less in quantity and still brown.
I still feel in my gut like everything is okay with the baby - but spotting is nervewracking regardless. I did take an extra 100 mg of progesterone last night, as I suspect the reduction in meds may have brought it on. I'll do another extra 100mg tonight, and if the spotting goes away, I'll try going back to the doctor-ordered dose of 600 total. I'm supposed to reduce again this coming weekend, but I'm thinking about going to 500 for a week instead of all the way to 400, to try and lessen the shock on my body. I have to count up the number of pills I have left, though... need to make sure I'd have enough to pull it off. But I figure first order of business is keeping baby in there. Second order of business would be figuring out how to get my hands on more progesterone if I run out. Surely my OBGYN would prescribe some if I really needed it??
Our first OBGYN appointment is on Thursday, so just a couple more days away. Really looking forward to checking up on our little shrimp and hopefully getting some reassurance that things are okay.
I've actually been feeling so tired and ucky lately that the idea of being pregnant seems more distant right now... more surreal... than it did a couple of weeks ago. I kind of feel like I don't have the energy to be as excited about it as I want to be. And work is going to be crazy in September - we're preparing over 3000 files to go from our current paper world to a digital, e-file world - and I barely have time to think when I'm trying to balance feeling sick and miserable at work with keeping up with everything I need to AND trying to make sure I don't let on to any of my staff yet that I'm pregnant.
It's a lot to process, I guess, so I'm just plodding through one day at a time, milking the feeling-ok hours as much as I can and trying to stay low-key and unstressed. I'm really grateful at this point that I don't have vomiting in the equation. While the nausea is not fun, I can't imagine how I'd be able to do this if I were vomiting AND trying to manage work at once.
I did manage to get the patterning I had planned done over the weekend, though it was probably only about 3 hours of work. I have a 3-day weekend coming up, and have to be able to spend at least half a day every day on the sewing part of the project if I'm going to be able to stay on track... Here's hoping I have good mornings with enough energy to pull it off.
No comments:
Post a Comment