We didn't get the chance to take our 10-week baby bump picture before work this morning because Kaitlin got called in for a very early workday, so we'll do that this afternoon when we both get home from work. According to the ticker and baby bump sticker, baby is the size of a prune or fig today.
I haven't done a good job of blogging much this week, mostly because I've been feeling increasingly crappy. I'm waking up feeling more sick now, and gradually getting worse throughout the day, so most days are a struggle to keep focused at work so I can try to push the sick feeling to the back of my mind. I definitely have no energy and am already starting to experience "pregnancy brain" - making really stupid forgetful mistakes and generally having to work three times as hard to concentrate. Today was only a four-day work week, thanks to the holiday on Monday, and yet it felt like it would NEVER END. I'm really grateful that it's Friday and I can hopefully catch up on some rest over the weekend, though one way or another I have to fit in some sewing on the SCA project...
This persistent yuckiness is really keeping me from being able to focus on the more joyful parts of pregnancy, unfortunately. It's been almost four weeks of non-stop sickness, nearly 24 hours a day, and it's starting to feel like maybe I will never feel not-sick again. I know it's just temporary, but it sure does wear on a person. I am hoping so very much that it will go away after the first trimester.
Had a dream last night that one of the managers at work "outed" my pregnancy to my staff, which was awkward. :P We still have to wait another two weeks for our next ultrasound, which is hard, since we've been spoiled by getting such frequent peeks in the early weeks. Usually I'm the one who's DYING for the next ultrasound date, but this time Kaitlin seems more anxious for it than even me, LOL.
In the meantime, my clothes are definitely really tight, and I'm a lot more bloated than usual. I think I've gained maybe a pound or so, but no real significant change in weight... it's more like a change in body shape. I don't think it's going to be visible to anybody but me and Kaitlin at the moment, but I feel like my belly is a little firmer this week than last.
That's about it for the updates for now... just biding time, waiting to feel better. I'll post the belly pic later tonight, but in the meantime, here's BabyCenter's projection of what baby looks like now. He/she really looks like a baby now (with a huge alien forehead, hehehe...)


No comments:
Post a Comment