Yesterday was the first day in over a week that the morning sickness was really mild. I had just a few short episodes of upset stomach, that were cured by eating a snack. And I had more energy and less exhaustion than I've had in a long while, so I was actually able to help with some normal, simple things like cleaning up the kitchen after dinner, and going to get my own water/meds/electronics/etc. instead of asking Kaitlin to bring things to me.
Last night, though, I didn't sleep well at all. I was trying to sleep without any ambien, and took some melatonin instead, but finally at about 1:30 AM I got up and took a quarter of an Ambien pill. Still didn't work much. I did get some dreams, so I know I was at least partially asleep, but no deep restful sleep like what I really needed. So this morning I feel like a zombie. Which, you know, is actually kind of par for the course with me anyway, with all my insomnia issues. Thankfully the nausea still seems to be hibernating today too, because I don't think I could make it through the day at work if I had to deal with both that and this exhaustion. I'm drinking some (decaf) coffee and eating a bagel, and we'll see if that perks me up any. I'd really like to spend today getting some things done at work, as we're getting close to the end of the month. But I'm no good to anyone if I'm sitting at my desk staring blankly at the computer screen.
Oh, I did come home last night to find my pregnancy belly bump stickers and belly butter had arrived from Amazon. I dove right into the belly butter (after Kaitlin very thoughtfully drew hearts over the bee-shaped graphics in nice dark sharpie, because I hate bees) and it's actually not as thick as I was expecting, more the texture of a regular lotion. OK by me, though, as long as it helps. The first belly sticker ("blueberry") is for 8 weeks, so we're going to take our first belly photo on Friday.
For some reason I have it in my head that at 8 weeks we'll truly be pregnant. *shrugs* Not sure where that comes from, since the morning sickness for the last week has made it pretty darned obvious. :P But anyway, our next ultrasound is the day before we hit 9 weeks. And then I have to find out whether they'll let us have any more, especially in the first trimester.
If only I had enough money to buy my own ultrasound machine so I could look at baby every single day and reassure myself that they're growing all right. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment