I spent most of the weekend feeling ucky and exhausted,
lying on the couch. Did manage to go to the grocery store with Kaitlin,
although we had to stop a couple of times so I could sit and rest and get
my tummy back under control… and then I went and sat at the front of the store
while she checked out because I couldn’t stand up in the line for that long. I
also managed to spend just a few minutes on Sunday afternoon patterning the
foresleeves for the SCA project dress. They really didn’t take that long, maybe
15 minutes, yet I felt so exhausted afterward it was like I’d spent a day doing
yard work. X.x
Mostly I’ve been grumpy and mildly sick to my stomach and
really tired. The fact that I can’t seem to get up to do anything without
feeling winded and dizzy and sick is also very annoying, and adding to my
overall grumpiness. And, I’m experiencing some mild acid reflux when I drink
more than just a swallow or two of water at a time. Boobs are more sore in the last couple of
days. No vomiting yet, for which I am (mostly) grateful, though the reflux
stuff makes it feel like things are going to come back up and that’s less than
fun.
But, BUT… we had our second ultrasound this morning. Kaitlin
couldn’t come to this one, because today’s her first day of work at a new job
and she couldn’t miss it. So I went in there alone, still a little nervous that
it would turn out to be too good to be true after all… but all is perfectly
well. Baby Shrimp is measuring 12.5mm today, which is actually a couple days
ahead, with a heartbeat of 153 bpm. He/She actually looks more like a seahorse
now than a shrimp, I think. I got to take a good video of the heartbeat this
time, and get another picture, but won’t be able to put those up until after I
get home tonight… so for now there’s only this clip from the ultrasound tech’s
report to share:
So happy and grateful that everything is going
okay. However, the novelty of morning
sickness has officially worn off after a week, and I’m guessing there are
weeks more to go before it goes away. Trying to enjoy it, for what it’s worth,
as a part of this experience that I’m only going to get to do once in my life.
Still waiting eagerly for my Amazon package to come in… hope it gets here
before Friday, because that’s when we take our first 8-week baby bump picture!
Also, it’s time to go on the hunt for some tall-maternity-work-trousers,
because right now I have only one pair
of stretchy pants that I can wear to work without worrying that the waist is
crushing my little baby. Yes, I realize baby is probably just fine even if I wear
tight pants… but I just feel better not having to think about it. And loose
ones help with the nausea too.
Goals for this week include finding/ordering at least one
pair of maternity pants, and picking out and ordering our elopement dresses
from Aliexpress so we can be sure they arrive on time. Also this weekend I have
to pattern the bodice of the SCA project dress, ask Kaitlin to mow the lawn and
whack weeds, and then ask her to start working on the vector art for the
nursery character decals. I am so excited about our nursery concept, guys…. It will
be a lot of work but it’s going to look so SO awesome.
Okay, now to down a few more saltines and try to make it
through the rest of the work day…
No comments:
Post a Comment