Monday, August 3, 2015

4WK3D – First Beta is In, Second is Pending Today…

So this weekend was spent mostly taking care of small chores – getting a part fixed for our lawnmower, doing some laundry, cleaning up the kitchen, getting groceries, returning a Comcast modem, etc.

Oh, and getting blood drawn early on Saturday for our first beta. I had to wait until Sunday morning to get the results, but they’re in, and they’re 287!!  YEAH!!



Nice good solid number. It’s higher than my first beta last time, but still not astronomically high. So it could be multiples, or it could be a singleton… that part’s still a mystery.

I stopped off at the doctor’s office before coming into work this morning for a second blood draw. Today is one of those moment-of-truth days, hoping that the results show a strong rise in the numbers. Doubling would be even better. I should get the results later this afternoon, after 3 PM.

Assuming they come back good and strong, I will then have a six-week ultrasound on 8/17, and a seven week ultrasound on 9/24. Technically these will be 6WK3D and 7WK3D, but that’s okay… the later they are the more likelihood we might get to see a heartbeat on the first try.

With our miscarriage, I first started bleeding at exactly 5 weeks. So I think this week and next are going to be pretty anxious, but I’m hoping they’ll pass quickly with NO BLOOD OR SPOTTING. Also a bit anxious to find out how many took. My Greek coordinator is going on leave this Friday, and won't be back until September 7th (apparently she's getting married :) ) It's a wee bit nervewracking, because if something doesn't go right I don't know if I can get ahold of her. But here's hoping that everything's just going to go well and it won't matter. She's already given me a medication schedule - I start reducing my meds effective 8/29, and cut back slowly until we're ready to stop them altogether - so I just have to follow the schedule and have the scans, and she said my OB would be the one to schedule future scans after the 7 week one. Wonder if that means I can have one at 8 weeks too? :3

In the meantime, I seem to have pregnancy symptoms that come and go. The most common are fatigue  - I run out of energy really quickly, and nausea, which hasn’t yet come back as bad as it was on Thursday last week (thank goodness) but still sort of comes and goes, usually when I get hungry. Also, last night I maybe kind of burst into tears and yelled at Kaitlin for eating two cupcakes that I’d thought were mine. Like seriously, I felt so hurt and disappointed that my cupcakes were gone that it was PERSONAL DEVASTATION AND BETRAYAL!!!!! She promised to buy me more today. :P

I have a lot more little test sticks to take pictures of, too, I just haven’t gotten around to that part yet, but the lines over the weekend were really dark, almost dark-as-the-test-line dark, which is reassuring. I still have a ton of tests so I’m going to keep indulging in my need to POAS while I’m waiting for the second beta and first ultrasound.

We’re waiting to see the heartbeat before we start making any kind of future plans. And waiting until end of the first trimester, probably, before we start really working on any of them. But I have a good feeling about this one, so it’s hard not to start the daydreaming early…


Fingers crossed for a great result this afternoon <3

No comments:

Post a Comment