So the spotting was almost gone yesterday morning, and I
haven’t had any today. Four more days to go until the ultrasound! I swear this
has been the longest week of my entire life, and I really, really can’t wait to
get a glimpse of what’s actually happening inside.
Yesterday I was hit with strong fatigue, just a tiny bit of
nausea. So far today, though, my energy levels have been pretty good, moodiness
is gone – feeling much more upbeat and optimistic. It could have something to
do with my dreams last night, in which we brought home a baby boy and I was
learning to diaper him for the first time (and he projectile-pooped across the
room into a bookcase, which Kaitlin thought was horrible and I thought was
hilarious.) It was a pretty vivid and very nice dream, and I guess I woke up
feeling certain that this baby’s going to be joining our family.
I am still having major blood pressure issues, especially at
home where we don’t have air conditioning, and especially when I stand up fast
or remain standing for more than about a minute while I’m trying to clean the
kitchen or wipe counters or whatever. I get dizzy, have tunnel vision and my
ears start ringing. Luckily I’ve passed out enough times from my low blood
pressure issues that I know what it feels like and what the threshold is, so I
basically just stop and bend over or sit down when it’s getting to the I’m-going-to-keel-over
phase.
I realized last night that if we hadn’t lost our baby in
January, I’d be around eight months pregnant now. I imagine the blood pressure
issues would probably be one heck of a lot worse if I were hugely pregnant
during the hottest part of the year. Mind you, I am still really sad that we
didn’t get to keep our January baby. But… I guess there’s a silver lining to
every cloud, yeah?
I took my third “extra” dose of progesterone last night.
Since the spotting appears to be clearing up, I’m going to go back to my
regular dosage today and keep fingers crossed. Still planning on spending the
weekend mostly loafing, though I might dare a little bit of sweeping or kitchen
cleaning if I have the energy… we’ll see.
I am getting increasingly certain that I am starting a baby
bump already. I’ve apparently gained around a pound or so in the last couple of
weeks, and it seems like things are rearranging themselves into my belly – it hangs
lower and folds down over my pubic bone in a way that it never did before, and
it just feels bloatier and more sticking-out-there. I haven’t been eating more
than usual… if anything I’ve actually been eating healthier. But I have spent
weeks avoiding any sort of meaningful
physical activity, so I wonder if that has something to do with it? I also
haven’t been using my abs to walk, sit up straight, and so on like I usually
do. But I googled it and there are a lot of ladies with pictures of 6-week baby
bumps, so I am going to assume that’s what it is. I guess I’ll just have to get
over it, since it will be getting a lot “worse” before it gets better. :P But
it does make me determined to start exercising as soon as it’s safe, and to
come up with a good plan to get my body back into nice condition after baby
arrives – I already can’t wear my usual pants to work, they’re too tight and
uncomfortable!
Four more days and counting…
SO happy for your BFP! It has to be nerve-wracking watching every time you wipe after the loo...but anything that isn't gushing red is okay (and even then it's often still okay). I hope these next few days pass quickly for you.
ReplyDeleteThank you! <3 I don't think I'd be even half as worried if we hadn't had such an awful experience with our first BFP, because you're right - most spotting is supposed to be perfectly normal :) I'm very grateful it seems to have gone away for the time being!
Delete