Friday, July 24, 2015

IVF#3 4DP3DT – Biding Time

So today would be the equivalent of 7 DPO. Whereas with IVF#2 I had every single symptom under the sun, even this early, yesterday and today have been really mild. A bit of nausea, mostly at mealtimes;  a bit of constipation, though nowhere near as awful as last time; a bit of fatigue (that could very well be jet lag) followed by an unusual amount of energy;  and a bit of moodiness, though again nowhere near as bad as the last round. Oh, and an appetite that’s either ravenous or non-existent, depending on the nausea.

The most prevalent and constant “symptom” is one I had even before the embryo transfer, and that’s the heavy, full feeling. It’s similar to the sensation right before a period starts, where it just feels like the uterus is full and dragging down a bit. The muscles feel tired, as if I did three hundred sit-ups several days ago and the worst of the soreness has past, and now the muscles aren’t painful but they’re tired and overly sensitive… that’s the best way I can think of to describe it. Sometimes they twinge or twitch a little. Sometimes it actually feels a little achy. But it never goes away, so it’s a 24/7 reminder of the TWW. Kind of hard to successfully not-think-about-whether-I-am-pregnant when the sensation is neverending. Pffft.

And, while I know it’s silly, I swear I worry every time I bend over, every time I stand longer than 60 seconds, every time I laugh or go to the bathroom or even just stretch in the morning – because those muscles are sensitive I’m hyper aware of every time I use them, and a little red flag pops up in the back of my mind going “hey, be careful!” X.x

Had an odd dream last night about a really young, really thin girl who was pregnant and had two kids already. Her belly was almost see-through and I could see her baby pressing its hands against her stomach from the inside. I spent most of the dream taking care of her two older children, and running around this big mansion trying to find her so that they could see their mom. No clue what it might mean, if it means anything at all, but it was vivid enough that I apparently still remember it hours later. Oh, and there was a huge, old ballroom in this mansion, that was magnificent but had gone unused for probably eighty years, and was mostly forgotten and  obsolete, and used to store toys that belonged to the owner’s children.

Freud would probably have a field day.

Oh, and let’s see, in the last two days at work I have seen no less than 3 hugely pregnant women, one teeny tiny brand new newborn, and more toddlers than I could count on one hand. And I have this weird emotional response, angry and sad and wistful and happy happy happy all at the same time.  Mostly the hormones, I’m sure, but sheesh.

It would make me feel better to get an early, strong BFP, and high beta numbers. I had a later BFP last time (about 13DPO) and low beta numbers (starting at 190) and part of me wonders if that’s because baby was headed for a miscarriage from the start. At the same time, early strong results are often indicative of multiples… so about three seconds after I were to get them I’d be all worried about what it might *mean* in terms of the quantity. LOL.

That’s really all there is to report at the moment. Definitely staying busy at work, though I’m really glad it’s Friday. I have a few small chores planned for the weekend, but otherwise I’ll probably spend it camped on the couch watching Korean drama. Sunday is the first day I’m letting myself POAS – it will be 6DP3DT, or around 9 DPO. Way early, I know, but if this is going to work I want that info as soon as it is physically possible. I remember, after we got our BFP in December, what an amazing sense of peace it was, long before we went in for the beta… and the TWW was no longer agonizing as soon as that second pink line showed up and I already knew what the beta was going to say.


Of course I knew at beta #2 in April, too. But I much prefer knowing before the lab confirms it, to the agony of waiting a full 14 days without a clue. Right now waiting just two more days to POAS, even knowing that I’m unlikely to see a BFP that early, feels like it is just soooooooo long. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment