Thursday, July 30, 2015

IVF#3 10DP3DT – Pregnancy symptoms are like a box of chocolates…

Or else it’s all in my head, which is possible. But did you know that both constipation AND diarrhea are pregnancy symptoms? Yay! And they’re made even MORE fun when you’re taking a boatload of progesterone pills in addition to whatever the little bean is cooking up in there. Oh yes.

I am curious whether women taking progesterone supplements, especially seriously heavy ones (I’m on 800 mg a day) generally experience pregnancy symptoms a lot earlier than non-supplemented pregnancies. I’ve always heard that morning sickness and all the “real” stuff starts kicking in around weeks 6-8. But I am having days where I feel awesome, and then days (and evenings) where I am ucky, and we haven’t even had a beta yet. Last night I was fine until I ate dinner (which consisted of salmon, corn, and zucchini) and for the rest of the night had all kinds of fun tummy issues that were still there when I got up this morning.

Oh, and a blood pressure drop, too, that had me really dizzy and short of breath in the shower. I have poor circulation and low blood pressure anyway, so when all my blood is hanging out in my stomach/uterus area, I get light-headed and woozy – especially in the summer, and especially in the shower where it’s hot and humid. So that was also fun.

So either I had a bad piece of salmon, or my body is playing all kinds of fun tricks on me as it tries to metabolize the crazy amounts of hormones I am stuffing into it all day long.

Guess all I can really do is keep drinking water. Especially if I’m going to be having blood pressure drops like that, sheesh. But even with all the water I’m drinking, either my bladder is getting bigger, or I’m just getting used to all the trips to the bathroom, because it doesn’t *seem* like I’m peeing as frequently as I was three or four days ago. Hmm.

Tested again this morning, still positive, so I’m feeling a lot more confident at this point – even if the line doesn’t seem to be getting much darker, it’s showing up nice and clear. Emailed my Greek doctor’s letter to my RE in preparation for the beta on Saturday morning.  Really interested in what the numbers will be. REALLY interested in what the first ultrasound is going to look like, though I know I’ll have to wait another couple weeks after the betas to find out.

Until then, trying to concentrate on eating good food and drinking enough water to sink a small boat. :P But I was looking up pregnancy diets last night, and holy cow, right now I just can’t imagine eating that much food. Like six times a day, SO MUCH FOOD. I really hope that I just develop an appetite for it when the time is right, because at the moment it’s hard to comprehend how I’ll fit all that eating into my day.


Also, I found this super cute video on Facebook that I wanted to share, because it’s awesome and cute and a little tearjerking and that little boy at the end is the very best part!


No comments:

Post a Comment