Monday, July 20, 2015

IVF#3 CD23 - D-day, Part Deux

Okay, back at the hotel after the embryo transfer.

We did have another long wait in the waiting room, both before and after the transfer, but I guess I am better prepared for the wait times now since they didn't seem nearly so difficult as the first cycle (or maybe it's just that I'm not jet lagged anymore, LOL)

So, the doctor did stop to see us pre-transfer this time, unlike round #2. And, though we have 3 day embryos this round, he was really pretty excited... Said we had four and he was going to use them all. If that had happened on the first or even the second round I probably would have panicked. Instead, I only got bug eyed for a few minutes before thinking what the hell. It's just a sign that this is, indeed, our month. So we went upstairs, I changed onto the little plastic booties and cotton gown thing, and they were nice and let Kaitlin into the procedure room with me. Maybe it's just because she was there, I don't know, but it seems like it was a lot less uncomfortable than transfer #2. Also, the doctor asked for a special catheter for me, and then paused in the middle of the procedure ( leaning a little on one of my knees as he did) and explained that he had invented this particular catheter some 20 years ago, and when he went to Cornell in the U.S. he ran into a doctor who was very excited to show him this fancy catheter they were using for curved cervixes like mine, and he had to tell the guy he knew all about it seeing as how he was the one who'd come up with it to start with.

It was kind of awkward and calming at the same time, actually, that he paused mid-procedure to tell us all that... It did actually make me feel more relaxed, oddly, though it was a little strange to be having a conversation with a guy who had various bits of metal and plastic holding my nether regions open. :p  but anyway, the whole thing took like three minutes and it was done. Got rolled back out to the gurney room for my hour of laying down, and talked for a little while with a lovely woman from London (I think she may have been of Indian descent, though she had the prettiest British accent). Finally finished with that, went downstairs, waited a while longer for what is basically the exit interview with the nurse and doctor. Only had to pay another 13 euro for medication, because I'd given her a count of all the meds I still had and she said it would be all I needed.

And then we took a taxi back to the hotel, and I am currently lying down for my bed rest after sending Kaitlin to go get food, as I am starving.

And that's that, folks. The TWW begins again! I feel peaceful about it, at least for now, as if it really is a done deal and this one is going to work. Our test date is August 1, but I'll probably start POAS-ing around 6DP3DT... So like, next Sunday. It's the equivalent of 9DPO, so highly unlikely anything will show up by then, but I like to start early so as to hopefully know as soon as is humanly possible.

We fly home tomorrow. I took Wednesday off, both to recover from jet lag and to go pick up my puppy from my mom... Will probably unpack and such too.

Four. Surely four will do the trick this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment