Thursday, July 9, 2015

IVF#3 CD12 - We Have Travel Dates

Got an email back from Embio this morning, saying that they expect the embryo transfer will be sometime between the 17th and the 20th... so I bought our plane tickets. It takes two days to get to Greece, just one to get home, because of the time difference. We're leaving at about 11 AM on Wednesday the 15th, arriving at about 4:30 PM on Thursday the 16th, with a 3 hour layover in Paris.  On the way home we'll head out at around 11 AM and be home by 9:30 PM on Tuesday the 21st. I've asked for the 22nd off of work too, so that there will be plenty of time to do bed rest before going back to work.

Since the hotel I wanted was sold out I found another one that does have a nice outdoor pool, and the reviews say that the food is good and the wifi signal is free and accessible from the rooms. That's pretty much all I really want - oh, and the beds don't look super hard, at least not in the pictures. I'm learning that those European hotels really seem to like rock-hard mattresses, ugh. So this time around we're staying at the Civitel Attik Rooms and Apartments. We're also flying on American Airlines/US Airways instead of Delta, which I'm kind of happy about. I haven't had the best experience with Delta, particularly during my last trip... so it's nice to see what a different airline has to offer. (And best of all, NO LAYOVER AT JFK. I'm really happy about that.)

So here we go, I guess... Now begins the whirlwind. I have four business days left to get a work coverage plan together and get all of my work caught up and arranged before I leave. I have one weekend to finish cleaning projects and pack. And somewhere in there, I have to get the 4500 Euro wired to Embio's Swiss bank. In the meantime, taking my estrogen and Lupron and waiting for further medication instructions.

Now back to work... so much to do, so little time!


No comments:

Post a Comment