Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014 One Little Word Project

So I have been reading (slash cyberstalking) a completely awesome two-mom family blog for the past several years. I just love all of the photographs and watching their beautiful little girl grow up, and daydreaming of a time when maybe I'll get to blog photos of my own life with a kiddo. Anyway, one of the things that Wendy does is to choose an inspirational word at the start of each year that sort of guides the year's goals and accomplishments. I love this idea, and really want to try it out for myself in 2014.I've put a lot of thought into what word I'd want to strive for this year. 2014 is a pretty packed year for me, with the number one goal, of course, being achieving pregnancy. But I also want to write my fourth novel this year, and get financially into a place where we can afford to install flooring in our basement and get our home more organized and established. I want to change my name and get legally married. I want to continue my success at work so that my job remains stable and my relationship with my boss remains positive. But of all the things I want to do and accomplish, getting pregnant is so high on the list that I can barely think of anything else, really.So it seems only natural that my word, for the coming year, should be CONCEIVE.2012 was one of the most difficult years I've ever been through, so much so that pretty much all of 2013 was dedicated to recovery. In retrospect, if there were words for those years I think 2012 would be ENDURE and 2013 would be REBUILD. But I'm hoping that 2014 is the year when I will finally be able to make progress again toward my life's dreams. I think conceive not only addresses the goal of getting pregnant in 2014, but it also speaks to the state of mind I'd like to be in this year... a fertile place that generates creativity and production, a word that encompasses both the process of planning for the future, and also holds accountability for nurturing those plans into something productive. A word that combines hope, optimism and luck with personal responsibility - and I think it also continues to speak a little to the idea of recovering from the setbacks I've had in prior years. Looking forward to a year of conception!!



No comments:

Post a Comment