Getting ready to sleep on Sunday night. Sunday is always my least favorite night of the week, because when I wake up I have five consecutive days of work ahead before I make it to the next weekend. But tonight it's particularly distasteful, because it feels like I spent the whole weekend sick and tired, and didn't get anything productive accomplished, and now I am facing the first full work week after the holidays... Sigh.
Kaitlin and I did attend an SCA event on Saturday. It was nice to see friends but I had no voice at all and was feeling pretty exhausted by the time we got home. Today I slept late, ate at Village Inn with Kaitlin, then spent the rest of the day on the couch drinking tea, eating way too many snacks, cuddling my puppy and watching Korean drama while Kaitlin was off playing a role-playing game with some friends. Even after an entire day of rest I feel really tired, and I sort of wish I could take a whole week off of work to just sleep and lounge around in my sweats. As exhausting as I expect new motherhood to be, I am truly looking forward to a nice long maternity leave from work where I can do nothing but bond with baby and be a new mom.So next week I will be waiting for a call from the RE's office to find out the results of my blood test. The doctor said that depending on the results she might have me come in for some CD3 tests also, during my next cycle. I'm nervous to get the results... Keeping fingers crossed that they will show a nice, fertile cycle, but I'll feel better once it's confirmed. I am glad, every day, that we decided to go the RE route this time. I don't think I realized during my first TTC attempts just how much more relaxed and confident I'd feel in working with a doctor rather than going it on our own. I think of all the money I spent using multiple vials every month without really knowing whether the timing was right or whether my body was working as it should... At the time I had convinced myself that at home cycles would be less expensive than working with a doctor, but it actually looks like the cost will be about the same... Maybe even less since I won't have to pay for monthly shipping. And the reduced stress, in and of itself, is invaluable. I think if I had it to do over again I'd have started with the RE to begin with. But things have a way of turning out the way they're meant to, I guess, because in the end it was a good thing I hadn't gotten pregnant back then. :PKaitlin seems pretty confident we'll get pregnant on the first try. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I have to admit her optimism is rubbing off a little. ;) now, though, I should try to sleep... The real life of work begins again tomorrow. Sigh...
No comments:
Post a Comment