Just got back from our morning visit to the RE. I gave them more blood (they had to stick me twice again, ugh) and another urine sample. They did an ultrasound - my first experience with a transvaginal ultrasound. The idea of it was a little intimidating, but it really wasn't bad or even uncomfortable. The ultrasound showed some sort of small cyst or fibroid on the outside of my uterus, though the doctor didn't seem very concerned by it. It also showed two follies in one ovary and three in the other... and on each side, there was one that was 19mm! The doctor likes them to be at least 18, so it sounds like we have TWO good ones. The tech did say that increases the chances of twins. I'm not that worried, though... I think the chances of a single birth double with two potential eggs... and the chances of twins are higher, but probably not as high as a singleton. And there's always the very big possibility I won't get pregnant at all, of course. Since the chances of a procedure working are about 20%, if I DID ovulate both big follies there would still be an 80% chance that each of them was not going to get fertilized.
(And bottom line is, if we did have twins, we'd just figure out how to make it work.)
So I did respond to the Clomid (YAY!!!) and the doctor is now going to have me start using OPKs. Tomorrow I have to call and tell them whether I got a smiley or not. If I did, then the IUI will be on Monday. If not, then I have to come in for a trigger shot - and then the IUI will be on Tuesday. Though I'm not excited about the idea of a trigger shot, I have so much work to get done on Monday that it really probably would be much better to do the IUI on Tuesday instead. The sad part is that Kaitlin won't be able to be there for the IUI procedure, because she has to work. She doesn't get paid leave, so if she misses the hours she misses the pay - and we need all the cash we can get right now.
So no more Clomid for now, just OPKs. We're actually going to get to do this - I'm really relieved, and excited now. I'm so impatient, LOL - it already feels like we've been waiting FOREVER to be able to do the actual put-the-swimmers-in procedure. Also, found out that I will likely not have to pay for the ultrasound, my insurance will cover it, so all I had to pay today was my $45 office visit copay. SCORE.
If this cycle is successful, the due date would be late October. Fingers crossed, fingers crossed...
Also, I have to add that when we were getting into our cars to leave the doctor's office, Kaitlin reminded me to drive safely because I was carrying two potential babies. LOL!
No comments:
Post a Comment