I'm home sick from work today. I'd taken the morning off for the RE anyway, but by the time we were done it was 1pm and I could barely talk, my throat is so bad. So I called in sick for the rest of the day and I'm trying to rest now.
The RE appointment went great, though I learned I am back to my high school weight now, which was not happy news. Once I get over this bug I've really got to start exercising and eating better. :/ that aside, here's a summary of how the appointment went:
We got a little lost trying to find the office, so we were running a little late. When we arrived it only took a few minutes to get checked in, then they brought me back for weighing and blood pressure tests. We met with a nurse first, who went over the info on my medical form, asked questions about past conditions and medications, and we talked a little about my mom because she went through menopause early. Then we met with Dr. Trout, who gave us some info on CMV. Our donor is CMV positive. I've never been tested for CMV, so that's part of the blood work they're doing. Also, because my mom went through menopause early, and that can be hereditary, they want to test certain hormone levels to see whether I still appear to have a good quantity and quality of eggs left. She did say that most women can't get pregnant in the 5-8 years before entering menopause, and that was a little scary... I'm not going to stress about it unless the numbers look worrisome when the tests are done, but it's something I hadn't known before and makes me glad we're not waiting any longer to start TTC.I was able to give her a lot of info on my cycle and the donor we chose. Turns out, we can ship all our vials to the Dr. Office, and they will store them for free for us for 3 months. That means we save on shipping, have all the vials readily available in case one doesn't thaw well, and it will cost us less in storage. So after the blood work comes back we'll arrange for shipping.After meeting with the doctor it was back to the nurse again to have blood drawn (hate that) and give a urine sample, and both Kaitlin and I got flu shots. Then we met with the financial folks. Turns out my insurance may cover some of the diagnostic stuff. I paid a $45 copay for the doctor visit. They're going to bill the rest to insurance and they seem pretty sure insurance will cover it.... That is awesome, because I was expecting it to be completely out of pocket. They also seemed pretty impressed when I told them about our cryobank... I guess they're used to working with the one out of California that charges $700 a vial. :PThe doctor will decide whether to use meds once the blood work comes back. If she doesn't use meds, then no ultrasounds are needed. If she does, then OPKs won't work anymore and she'll have to monitor with the ultrasound. So now we just wait for the blood results, and go from there. The next time I get a positive OPK, I call to set up the IUI. And, they perform IUIs 365 days a year, including Sundays and holidays, which is so cool. I dug out my pregnancy journal last night... I'd bought it years ago in the hopes of getting pregnant, and then shucked it in a corner when it looked like that wasn't going to happen for a while. I let Kaitlin read through it and she really likes it too. I can't wait to get started... Just waiting for the phone to ring with the test results. Keeping fingers crossed that everything looks good. <3 data-blogger-escaped-p="">
And now I'm going to try to sleep this bug off...
No comments:
Post a Comment