Monday, January 13, 2014

CD23 – Counting down to AF

I called the doctor’s office today to see if they had my blood results yet. Turns out they should be getting them in today, so I should be hearing from the nurses this afternoon or tomorrow. I’m so impatient, LOL… But today is CD23, so if my body follows its average 24 day cycle AF will start on Wednesday or thereabouts. I can’t wait. Once it starts, we really get going with this whole TTC thing.
I spent most of the weekend getting caught up on sleep, cleaning the house, and playing a video game. All things I am sure I will not get to enjoy nearly so indulgently once we’re moms. Kaitlin and I also talked about our home improvement plans, and plans for the baby’s nursery. From the day I bought my house, I had picked out the northwestern bedroom to be a future nursery / kid’s room. It’s been sitting empty for five years and I cannot wait to be able to fix it up and get it ready for a tiny occupant. *hearts*In the meantime, I’ve spent the last several weeks trying to pass the time by painting my nails. I’ve been a chronic nail-biter since high school and have never been able to keep my fingernails looking nice for any real length of time. But lately I’ve really enjoyed painting them and doing different glitter looks, and now they’ve actually grown out. I did a deep red spangled look for Christmas, and then last week a frosty blue with iridescent glitter at the base.
Right now they’re pearly white with iridescent glitter at the tips. I’ll probably keep them this way for a week or so, then change it up again next week – maybe combine the frost blue with the white? I haven’t been ambitious enough yet to make an attempt at French tips. I’m going with sort of a wintery theme since it’s January, but looking forward to doing some fun Valentine’s colors next month. It’s a nice pastime that helps make the TTC waiting more bearable. And it’s another luxury that I suspect I’ll have little time for as a new mom. :P So I’m enjoying it while I can.Things are actually feeling pretty great at work at the moment. I got entirely caught up today, so tomorrow I will tackle some projects that have been on my “when I have time” list for too long. It would be nice if this momentum would continue, since it’s rare that I actually get to feel like I’m really on top of my stuff. I’m finally starting to get over this sicky bug, too. Just a little bit of stuffiness and coughing left, but my energy is back and so is my voice. So all in all… today is a pretty good day!




No comments:

Post a Comment