Tuesday, January 28, 2014

IUI#1 CD14 - IUI is scheduled!

I left work early yesterday afternoon, because it had started to snow heavily and I needed to get all the way downtown to pick up my Ovidrel trigger shot meds from one of the only pharmacies in town that carry it. The roads were scary --  my tiny Toyota Yaris is in desperate need of new tires and has no traction -- and it took me an hour and a half to get there, then a little while longer to actually find the pharmacy. But I did get there in time, and picked up the shot ($167.99, ouch), then spent another hour and a half in the car on the way home. Made dinner and waited anxiously for Kaitlin to make it home, because I was really hoping she would give me the shot since poking myself with a needle is frightening.

She did make it home in time. I swear I was hyperventilating and whimpering. I have a fear of pain, which usually turns out to be far worse than the actual pain itself. In this case, the needle of the Ovidrel is so tiny I actually felt no pain. Not even pinching or pressure. In fact, Kaitlin gave me a static shock with one of her kisses last night, and that hurt more than this. So I felt kind of silly, afterward, for being so scared. I also had a bit of an adrenaline rush, because I think I'd psyched myself out. Now that I know the shot isn't painful, if I have to do this again I think it will be a lot less traumatic.



So I've done the trigger shot, and my IUI is scheduled for Wednesday morning at 8 AM. I'm going to have to book it back down to work right after, because there's a meeting I have to attend at 10 - one I have to spend most of today preparing for. But then, our first two week wait (TWW) will begin... just waiting to see if I get pregnant or not. The doctor reminded me again that with two follies we could end up with twins. But she also said that my bloodwork from Saturday showed that my FSH level had gone down, from 14 to 11. It's still more elevated than they like to see, but it had improved a lot... which is a good sign and makes me hopeful.

At the IUI appointment, I need to find out if they want me on progesterone for the TWW. If they do put me on progesterone, then, I'll need to find out if a regular pregnancy test will work or if they want me to do a blood test. I'm already on CD14, which is past when I normally ovulate. But I haven't had any temp rise or positive OPK, so my hope is that I will ovulate on schedule with the trigger shot, and the timing will be good.

The TWW is going to be torture. It's the not-knowing for fourteen DAYS that seems endless. On the plus side, though, if we are pregnant... we should find out right around Valentine's Day. Since we've decided not to do much in the way of V-Day presents this year (because of money issues), finding out that we're pregnant would be the very best Valentine's Day news EVER. The ladies on the boards say it takes about six weeks to be able to tell if you're having twins... which may mean mid-March. So even if I'm ecstatic about getting pregnant, I'm still likely going to be wracked with nerves until I'm able to confirm whether it's a singleton or multiples.

I'm all out of OPK sticks now, but I won't buy any more until I know whether this cycle has worked or not... I won't need them once I do get pregnant, and the suckers are so expensive. After work today I have a dentist appointment - I'm hoping that I'll finally get the hooks off my teeth, get a good cleaning, and receive my retainers... and be ready to start whitening my teeth again in preparation for some engagement photos. Hopefully I can find enough stuff like that to focus on during the TWW so that it doesn't seem so long...

I'm really, really excited for tomorrow morning! Oh, here's a pic of last week's blue nails (since this week's are kind of crappy) and my new dark blue contacts from PinkyParadise - I ordered them on a whim on Black Friday and they only just arrived in the mail. :P


No comments:

Post a Comment